Author Topic: Fred gonna make it?  (Read 12936 times)

clayflingythingy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Fred gonna make it?
« on: September 28, 2007, 10:29:31 AM »
I live in Ky which has its primary the end of May so basically I don't get any say in nominating the prez candidate. I have been skeptical of Fred all along but gotta admit he's the only one out there saying all the right things. However, he hasn't done anything to get me all excited either. It's almost like he expects the nomination to be handed to him on a silver platter. If he's gonna win he better start getting out and acting like he wants the job! Any one here disappointed in Frd's performance so far?

DonWorsham

• MWAG
  • Top Forum Member
  • I feel more like I do now than I ever did
  • Liked:
Re: Fred gonna make it?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 12:21:00 PM »
I have been skeptical of Fred all along but gotta admit he's the only one out there saying all the right things. However, he hasn't done anything to get me all excited either. It's almost like he expects the nomination to be handed to him on a silver platter. If he's gonna win he better start getting out and acting like he wants the job! Any one here disappointed in Frd's performance so far?

What would you have him to do to get you all excited? Be specific as possible.
Don Worsham
Varied Movements Performed Intensely

clayflingythingy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 09:23:24 AM »
Don,

Kinda hard to put into words but here goes:

1) The early comparisons to Ronald Reagan have, in my mind, hurt Fred. The exerpts of his speeches that I have seen can in no way be compared to Reagan's. Fred is no "great communicator".

2) Fred looks downright bewildered at times. Fox showed a clip of Fred meeting with the Fl Gov when Fred was asked about the everglades. Fred flopped like a fish outa water on that one.

3) To me, Fred gives off this aura that he doesn't really want the job....he's just going thru the motions. Compare Fred's performances to Guiliani's or McCain's or Romney's.....they all act like they WANT the job.

Like I said, hard to put into words. But if Fred really wants the nomination I think he needs to step it up a couple of notches.

DonWorsham

• MWAG
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 10:58:12 AM »

3) To me, Fred gives off this aura that he doesn't really want the job....he's just going thru the motions. Compare Fred's performances to Guiliani's or McCain's or Romney's.....they all act like they WANT the job.

Like I said, hard to put into words. But if Fred really wants the nomination I think he needs to step it up a couple of notches.

Fred is not going to change. His style is his style. I pick a candidate based on what he's done and said in the past, what he says now, and what he says he will do. None of these guys are 100% what I want. And after they get in they are not everything you thought or hoped they would be. Fred comes the closest for me.

Don Worsham

JohnJacobH

• Top Forum Member
    • JohnJacobH's RKBA Commentary
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 08:48:38 PM »
What would you have him to do to get you all excited? Be specific as possible.

How about  a series of 10 campaign commercials, one devoted to each of the first Ten Amendments to the Constitution?

He could , um, start with the 1st Amendment, the one that protects Freedom of Speech, the Right to Peaceably assemble and
petition the Government for redress of grievances, maybe put particular emphasis on the phrases CONGRESS SHALL MAKE NO LAW...ABRIDGING THE FREE EXERCISE THEREOF with some folksy market tested turn of phrase or policy point?

How his first act in office would be to overturn McCain-Feingold?

Then he could move on to the 2nd Amendment.

We The People are tired of canned commercial backdrops where the candidate sits in a library full of books.

Let's see Fred in his favorite leather chair with the head mounts of all the critters he has hunted over the years.

Maybe he can take us down to his freezer stuffed with the frozen choice cuts of backstrap and tenderloin he
butchered with his own hands after field dressing and skinning the critters he shot up close and personal. 

Maybe some carefully intercut clips of him shooting an IDPA stage or knocking down Sporting Clays with his trusty Over/Under.

Remember Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia lecturing on how he traveled New York Subways with his Target .22 Rifle because he was a member of the High School Rifle Team?

There are THOUSANDS of pictures of people who did exactly that available for use in a Campaign Commercial.

He is a lawyer, maybe he could elegantly elocute on how Seatbelt Laws are a ridiculous violation of Amendment IV.

Does he really want a grandmother, on her way to the hospital see her dying husband of 60 years to be "detained" for forty eight hours because some beat cop alleges she was not wearing her SEATBELT?

These scripts just write themselves.

They would be  a great start on the road to overturn nearly a century of (B) olshevik (S)tupidity. How about it?

Just saying.......

Best regards,

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:43:52 AM »

DonWorsham

• MWAG
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 09:04:17 PM »
Don Worsham

JohnJacobH

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2007, 12:22:20 AM »
Yep.

Not specific enough? I have got a million more!

Best regards,

gunman42782

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2007, 05:38:18 AM »
Fred is the only Republican candidate that I would vote for.  He may not be as exciting as you would like, but who the crap cares how exciting the guy is?  He is the only one of the Republican party running (that has a snowballs chance of winning anyway) with a good 2nd Amendment track record.  The only Democrat I would vote for is Richardson, and he might as well give it up.  It is Hillary's for the taking.  He is not even a distant third. 
Life Member of the NRA

JohnJacobH

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 08:56:12 PM »
Fred is the only Republican candidate that I would vote for.  He may not be as exciting as you would like, but who the crap cares how exciting the guy is?  He is the only one of the Republican party running (that has a snowballs chance of winning anyway) with a good 2nd Amendment track record.  The only Democrat I would vote for is Richardson, and he might as well give it up.  It is Hillary's for the taking.  He is not even a distant third. 

Don't tell me let me guess:

Next you will say we should hold our nose and vote for the lesser of two evils EVEN THOUGH
decades of experience have (collectively) taught us the lesser of two evils is STILL EVIL.

gunman42782

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2007, 09:30:46 PM »
It seems every forum I belong to, there is one guy, or maybe two, that would argue with a brick wall.  You seem to be that guy on this forum.  So, I am not gonna sit here and argue with you point by point, blow by blow, Fred Thompsons pluses and minuses.  He has good and bad the same as anybody.  It is a free country (for now), so vote for Hillary or whover floats your boat. 
Life Member of the NRA

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk