Author Topic: The best revolver ever  (Read 20109 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1119
Re: The best revolver ever
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2009, 02:58:21 PM »
The best revolver I ever had was a Dan Wesson with interchangable barrels. I took off the 8" barrel and switched it for a 4" barrel and a screw on muzzle brake. I had it loaded with Remington multi-ball buckshot ammo when the police confiscated it (long story). They never saw a gun like that or ammo like that before. They wetre showing it off. I don't think I'll ever find another gun like that so maybe I'll get a S&W or a Ruger instead. I miss having a .357.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2009, 03:01:27 PM »
The best revolver I ever had was a Dan Wesson with interchangable barrels. I took off the 8" barrel and switched it for a 4" barrel and a screw on muzzle brake. I had it loaded with Remington multi-ball buckshot ammo when the police confiscated it (long story). They never saw a gun like that or ammo like that before. They wetre showing it off. I don't think I'll ever find another gun like that so maybe I'll get a S&W or a Ruger instead. I miss having a .357.

There are still a few around, A friend of mine bought a used one, 4inch last winter for $350.
I don't know WHERE you would find the barrels though.
I will say it is probably the most accurate revolver I ever shot.

mudman

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2009, 06:07:31 PM »
 I wanted to bump this thread so we will all think about our friend FRISCO who seems to be missing in ACTION I know we all wish him well.

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2009, 06:15:11 PM »
The best gun is the one that touches your heart...I don't think anyone outside our culture could ever understand that statement, either.

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2009, 08:48:39 PM »
The best gun is the one that touches your heart...I don't think anyone outside our culture could ever understand that statement, either.

Michael B

Yup my favourite gun was stolen by the australian gubbermint in 2003. It was not my first, it was not the most expensive but it had history and a personality all its own. It was destroyed because some dimwit decided the barrel length was not meeting their criteria.
RIP Baby Browning!
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Solomon Short

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 05:58:49 PM »

clm

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2009, 09:57:09 PM »
Shoot something every day, no excuses !

Wheelgun Dunn

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2009, 10:59:52 PM »
Great story, thanks for sharing.  Your dad sounds like the real deal, John Wayne, Lee Marvin, Jeff Cooper, and Bill Jordan rolled into one!  Love me some wheelguns! (obviously - see user name)

Wheelgun

long762range

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2009, 09:59:59 AM »
There are still a few around, A friend of mine bought a used one, 4inch last winter for $350.
I don't know WHERE you would find the barrels though.
I will say it is probably the most accurate revolver I ever shot.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/Search/Category/799/Non-Guns/Barrels.htm
"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous.  If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for."

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2009, 08:07:21 PM »
For those with a .357 yearning for one of the best.

S&W Model 19

THE nightstand, bump in the night, OMG, zombie dropping revolver. Federal 158 JHP's as long as your grip can take it.

"Wheelguns is real guns"
Hazcat, DRTV Ranger... ;)

One other, that can be overlooked is the Amadeo Rossi M971 Stainless.. It can take anything you load it with, and makes a fine pistol whipping implement, until its reloaded.

just my .02 cents.... They have my trust, and will be the goto kick my door in SD weapon. God help them if I need to get to the closet,...
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

DeltaM

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2009, 09:35:05 PM »

Michael B

Strange but true.  My favorite actually belongs to my wife.  Trouble is it is her favorite too, next to her Kahr PM9.  I get it sometimes but end up having to clean it for the time spent with it (did u catch the suttle innuendos?).  Gun oil messes up her nails :P  Maybe it's like the grass on the other side of the fence or the fox and the sour grapes.  At any rate the Colt Agent (left lower) feels like another finger in the sense it belongs in my hand.  My second favorite is the S&W with the 4" barrel (left middle).  I carry the Interarms Rossi 5 shot (left upper) if I'm doing something where a gun might get banged up ;).   The Charter Arms "Bulldog" 44 (right lower) with hollow points is a little bear but not much fun to shoot due to recoil.  The S&W Airweight with laser (right upper) is the newest but just doesn't feel as good as the Colt.  The other is a 9 shot Hi Std 22 (right middle) and is good cheap practice.  All of our wheel guns are easy for arthritic hands to reload as some slides on autos are hard to pinch enough to pull back.  All but the Airwt are over twenty years old and off the books.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk