Author Topic: US cities may be bulldozed  (Read 3721 times)

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
US cities may be bulldozed
« on: June 13, 2009, 01:09:22 PM »
US cities may have to be bulldozed in order to survive
Dozens of US cities may have entire neighbourhoods bulldozed as part of drastic "shrink to survive" proposals being considered by the Obama administration to tackle economic decline.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financetopics/financialcrisis/5516536/US-cities-may-have-to-be-bulldozed-in-order-to-survive.html
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 85
Re: US cities may be bulldozed
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 01:30:31 PM »
Change you can believe in.

When Republicans do it it's called Urban Renewal and hated by the libs.

When bho does it, the libs will bow down and worship him.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 01:49:21 PM »
In my area in my opinion Urban Renewal was a colossal failure.
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 01:51:15 PM »
To really renew the urban environment they need to bulldoze blighted areas with the inhabitants still in them.

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 03:02:15 PM »
bulldoze blighted areas with the inhabitants still in them

+1,000,000 Tom    ;D

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:12:12 AM »

Ulmus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
    • Gunslinger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 03:13:22 PM »
That's fine as long as you don't mind them moving to your block as part of a new public housing initiative.

As someone who came from one of those "disaster areas" I can firmly tell you that bulldozed blocks are a great idea when compared to the burned out, empty shells that remain.  But I see a big problem caused by Mr. Lead Paint and Mr. Asbestos.

In short, It ain't gonna happen.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 08:28:15 PM »
There are reclamation contractors that would love the chance to remove asbestos, lead paint, etc,...

I wonder if Flint gets "given back to nature", if it could be a designated hunting area?

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 09:33:59 PM »
There are reclamation contractors that would love the chance to remove asbestos, lead paint, etc,...

I wonder if Flint gets "given back to nature", if it could be a designated hunting area?

Govt. contract, in this economy, HELL yes !

Actually they are probably trying to clear out excess flammables before the riots start and their pet minorities do it for them.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2009, 10:05:55 PM »
The Greater Detroit Metro area, has a reputation to uphold when it comes to riots.

Removing excess flammables goes against the grain of proper rioting by minorities...

Damn, I'll get another nacho platter for the corner,......promise,.. :-X :-X

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Kid Shelleen

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2009, 10:11:04 PM »
To really renew the urban environment they need to bulldoze blighted areas with the inhabitants still in them.

Well said. If there were only some way, any way that we could pick where to send the bulldozers. There are many spots in a little area called the District of Columbia that would make a great place to start.
“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that the people preserve the spirit of resistance?”

Thomas Jefferson, 1787

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk