Author Topic: EMP & Electronic Gun Safe Locks  (Read 27090 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
Re: EMP & Electronic Gun Safe Locks
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2009, 02:01:07 PM »
Great find Rastus!

I've save that for future reference.  I speed read about twenty pages already but I'm going to sit back and study that one later.

;)

+1

I just saved the PDF for future reference also.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2012, 08:35:03 PM »
Day 4 with no electricity for a lot of people due to the storms.  At least the power loss is spread around a bit and not just in one spot.  I'm wondering if the inner cities were hit with the loss or mostly suburbs & business.  I'm supposing there's no shortage of water or sewer services yet???

Still, after 4 days of no power in the summer nerves have to start getting frayed.

This power loss in the heat of summer is a good learning ground for a lot of people to consider how to address an EMP event.

I'm just saying....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2012, 07:50:12 AM »
Say how are those Chevy Volts working out with no recharging capabilities in the "affected" areas?
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

tombogan03884

« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2012, 07:58:25 AM »
Say how are those Chevy Volts working out with no recharging capabilities in the "affected" areas?

Probably not much worse than anything else since gas pumps run on electricity.
In fact, if there is a way to hook up a solar charger they may do better.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2012, 08:13:35 AM »

I think the Chevy Volt will run on gas only if the battery goes dead. The Nissan Leaf on the other hand is a dead duck without a method to recharge it. It is strictly battery powered.

Sponsor

« Reply #65 on: Today at 05:12:03 AM »

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
DoD Plans Solar-Storm-Based National Blackout Drill
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2017, 08:32:12 PM »
I'm picking this up in an old thread because there is a lot of good information in it to go back and read.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-10-26/dod-plans-solar-storm-based-national-blackout-drill-during-antifa-protests-november

The Department of Defense is planning a drill to simulate an electrical blackout cause by a solar storm.  I think that's a cover for planning a drill for a North Korean EMP device (or future Iranian device).  Ham radio operators will be getting into the act for communications.  There's a letter posted in the article linked above.

In fact, after being pretty much kicked to the curb MARS (Military Auxiliary Radio System) has a renewed interest these days. 

Read the linked article but read or reread this thread.  A lot of good info in it.  We discussed a timeline for an EMP event in the thread...maybe time is getting close. 

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2018, 06:49:32 AM »
EMP is back in the news...there is a new report from the US Air Force, the 2018 ELECTROMAGNETIC DEFENSE TASK
FORCE: 

https://www.airuniversity.af.edu/Portals/10/AUPress/Papers/LP_0002_DeMaio_Electromagnetic_Defense_Task_Force.pdf

90% of the East Coast US population dead in 1 year.  99 nuke reactors would melt down.

From this article:  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/military-warns-emp-attack-could-wipe-out-america-democracy-world-order

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2022, 12:15:25 PM »
I did switch to EMP proof gunsafe locks, by the way.

And now may not be a bad time to bring an EMP strike conversation up again?

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2022, 10:18:13 AM »
So with what is going on in Ukraine and realizing we are getting a lot of opinion I have opted to store few things away in case there is an EMP attack. 

Shortwave transceiver, shortwave receiver, antenna analyzer, programming cables, solar battery chargers, etc.  One thing I realized is that even my thermometers are electronic so they went in the Faraday cage along with the BP machine, O2 sensor, etc.

Here's an update on EMP:  https://defconwarningsystem.com/digest/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Russia-EMP-Threat.pdf

I figure many if not all of the nuclear reactors we have will experience a meltdown.  If you live a little west of the Mississippi River you will have a litle less of this to worry about. 

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 81
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2022, 11:27:28 AM »
I did switch to EMP proof gunsafe locks, by the way.

Switch to dial or EMP-proof electronic? And DIY or hire someone to do it?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk