Author Topic: EMP & Electronic Gun Safe Locks  (Read 27089 times)

Badgersmilk

Re: EMP & Electronic Gun Safe Locks
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2009, 05:12:06 PM »
Blow up, or implode.  People werent that particular when it happend.

Nobody's supposed to talk about details on the whole incident other than what was covered by one local paper (It may be possible most others were discouraged from talking about it at all...).  The paper quoted people saying things like. "We have glass all over the floor from the tv tube blowing up while I was in front of it.".  Cars needing several hundreds of dollars worth of repairs, kitchen utensils cooked, and so on. 

I would say the whole thing was weird because two identicle items could be in two houses hundreds of feet apart, one was BBQ, one wasnt.  No clear rhyme or reason (yes that was in the paper too).

Where a US pilot to hypothetically activate an ECM pod on an F-16 at low altitude over a residential area oversea's by accident, one might guess said pilot would soon be a civilian...  And many enlisted men cleaning up his mess might hypothetically be VERY pissed with said idiot!  Not to mention all the people who's stuff got cooked five miles from a hypothetical base...  I was in theater durring the time, I may hypothetically have seen some aftermath...

tombogan03884

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2009, 05:17:28 PM »
 Under the British "Official Secrets Act" they have what are called "D notices" which tells media outlets basically "shut up or be shut down"

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2009, 10:26:16 AM »
In the 60's we detonated hundreds of nukes in the Nevada desert. Many saw the flash from downtown Las Vegas. If you go on Google Earth, you can still see all of the craters on Yucca Flat. How come Vegas didn't "go dead"? Many of these were open air tests done before the Nuclear Test Ban Treaty was signed.  Bill T.

Timothy

« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2009, 10:55:21 AM »
In the 60's we detonated hundreds of nukes in the Nevada desert. Many saw the flash from downtown Las Vegas. If you go on Google Earth, you can still see all of the craters on Yucca Flat. How come Vegas didn't "go dead"? Many of these were open air tests done before the Nuclear Test Ban Treaty was signed.  Bill T.

Bill,

Of the 1021 tests at Yucca, 921 were underground detonations.  The remainder were more than likely low yield explosions and the line of sight thing comes into play.

Sponsor

« Reply #55 on: Today at 05:02:43 AM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2009, 11:16:39 AM »
In the 60's we detonated hundreds of nukes in the Nevada desert. Many saw the flash from downtown Las Vegas. If you go on Google Earth, you can still see all of the craters on Yucca Flat. How come Vegas didn't "go dead"? Many of these were open air tests done before the Nuclear Test Ban Treaty was signed.  Bill T.

There was EMP, localized and line of sight without the Compton Effect that amplifies the EMP damage by being detonated in the upper atmosphere.  Check out the Starfish and other tests that were above the upper atmosphere...quite impressive EMP developed that knocked out some power in Hawaii and other places as a part of the historical record.  Vegas was not affected for solid scientific reason and there is a lot of information available with detail to satisfy your interest well beyond the space of this thread with a Yahoo search.  Below is a link to underground testing and some some results thereof.

http://www.fas.org/irp/threat/mctl98-2/p2sec06.pdf

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Timothy

« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2009, 11:43:39 AM »
Great find Rastus!

I've save that for future reference.  I speed read about twenty pages already but I'm going to sit back and study that one later.

;)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2009, 01:06:53 PM »
I'll have to take you guy's word on this stuff. The only experience I've seen in regards to all of this was in the movie "Broken Arrow" when the nuke went off and Travolta was lighting a cigarette and said, "OOOH Damn What A Rush!!"  ;D   Bill T.

Timothy

« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2009, 01:21:52 PM »
I'll have to take you guy's word on this stuff. The only experience I've seen in regards to all of this was in the movie "Broken Arrow" when the nuke went off and Travolta was lighting a cigarette and said, "OOOH Damn What A Rush!!"  ;D   Bill T.

Bill,

Do yourself a favor and don't watch any more movies with Travolta in them! ;D  Scientologists are impervious to radiation! ;)

tombogan03884

« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2009, 01:24:34 PM »
Bill,

Do yourself a favor and don't watch any more movies with Travolta in them! ;D  Scientologists are impervious to radiation! ;)

Swordfish was pretty good  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk