Author Topic: Cap and TAX (Trade) needs to be STOPPED!  (Read 4352 times)

Kid Shelleen

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Cap and TAX (Trade) needs to be STOPPED!
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 01:30:35 PM »
It passed the House today!
Well shit fire and save the matches.

I guess that response belongs in the old lost sayings thread.
“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that the people preserve the spirit of resistance?”

Thomas Jefferson, 1787

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 01:35:52 PM »
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

tombogan03884

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 01:40:51 PM »
 I have an idea how to solve the problem of these scum. From the other thread I know that some of you have the specs for a proper fox hole, are there plans in there for mass graves as well ?

WatchManUSA

• NRA Life Member - Join the NRA!
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 01:56:28 PM »
It passed the House today!

The bill has NOT passed yet.  The vote held today (6/28) was to send it to the floor for a vote.  It does mean that it will take extraordinary pressure to prevent it from being passed.  This bill has little to do about reducing CO2 and everything to do with lining people’s pockets with money.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies." (Groucho Marx)

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2009, 02:47:56 PM »
The bill has NOT passed yet.  The vote held today (6/28) was to send it to the floor for a vote.  It does mean that it will take extraordinary pressure to prevent it from being passed.  This bill has little to do about reducing CO2 and everything to do with lining picking the average people’s pockets with money.

I fixed it for you.
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 08:48:26 PM »

WatchManUSA

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2009, 03:23:59 PM »
Even the Chicago Tribune is having doubts with Cap and TAX (trade) Bill!

"Democratic leaders need to slow down. This proposed legislation would affect every American individual and company for generations. There's a huge amount of money at stake: $845 billion for the federal government in the first 10 years. Untold thousands of jobs created -- or lost. This requires careful study, not a Springfield-style here's-the-bill-let's-vote rush job."

Full article from the Opinion page: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/editorials/chi-0625edit2jun25,0,7298930.story
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies." (Groucho Marx)

WatchManUSA

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 03:58:05 PM »
I just heard that they plan a floor vote yet today.  Call your congress person now!

These people couldn't manage the switch from analog to digital TV.  They had to extend the deadline and increase the budget for $40 coupons.  Do you think they can get this right?  The arrogance of these feakin’ people. 

DO THEY REALLY THINK THEY CAN MANAGE THE ATMOSPHERE?

CO2 is monticule in the atmosphere.  Here are the facts:

Nitrogen (N2): 78.084% or 780,840 ppmv
Oxygen (O2): 20.946% or 209,460 ppmv
Argon (Ar): 0.9340%) or 9,340 ppmv
Carbon dioxide (CO2): 0.0383% or 383 ppmv

tombogan03884

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2009, 08:25:47 PM »
The bill has NOT passed yet.  The vote held today (6/28) was to send it to the floor for a vote.  It does mean that it will take extraordinary pressure to prevent it from being passed.  This bill has little to do about reducing CO2 and everything to do with lining people’s pockets with money.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090627/ap_on_go_co/us_climate_bill

WASHINGTON – In a triumph for President Barack Obama, the Democratic-controlled House narrowly passed sweeping legislation Friday that calls for the nation's first limits on pollution linked to global warming and aims to usher in a new era of cleaner, yet more costly energy.

The vote was 219-212, capping months of negotiations and days of intense bargaining among Democrats. Republicans were overwhelmingly against the measure, arguing it would destroy jobs in the midst of a recession while burdening consumers with a new tax in the form of higher energy costs.

The House's action fulfilled Speaker Nancy Pelosi's vow to clear major energy legislation before July 4. It also sent the measure to a highly uncertain fate in the Senate, where Majority Leader Harry Reid said he was "hopeful that the Senate will be able to debate and pass bipartisan and comprehensive clean energy and climate legislation this fall."

WatchManUSA

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2009, 10:15:24 PM »
The fight moves to the Senate..

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1061
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2009, 11:28:48 AM »
The fight moves to the Senate..

Got this today from one of my Senators, Chambliss (R) concerning the "crap & tax"..........

Cap and Trade/Climate Change Legislation

In the past few weeks I have heard from many of you who are concerned about the Cap and Trade bill, which passed in the House a couple of weeks ago. Right now, if the House-passed bill came to the Senate, in my opinion it wouldn’t generate 35 votes because it’s such an expensive bill. Additionally it requires a tremendous overhaul in the way that we would have to operate from a climate change standpoint. While all of us want to make sure that we breathe clean air, have clean water and that we leave this country in better shape than which we found it, there’s got to be a measured approach in dealing with this issue.

First of all, Cap and Trade will have an immediate impact on your utility bill. The Cap and Trade bill seeks to quantify and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Those emissions are primarily carbon dioxide, and our power plants in the Southeast are fueled by coal and emit carbon dioxide.

The power companies are moving in the direction of more nuclear production in the southeast, but until these new nuclear facilities are on line, they’re going to have to continue to use coal. They’re working hard to make sure they use less carbon dioxide, but if this legislation were to go into effect, we would see an immediate increase in our utility bills somewhere around 150 percent.

I will continue to work to ensure Georgians are not negatively impacted by any climate change legislation.

(emphasis mine)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk