Author Topic: Show #27 - 10/10/07 Vacation report, Forest Service revisited and carrying a gun  (Read 22122 times)

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28

Show #27 - 10/10/07 Vacation report, Forest Service revisited and carrying a gun in back country

This week's references and learn more links :

Michael's Taos & Santa Fe Links

Back to work  links

Revchuck

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Dang, Bane, you need to check around more for ammo holders to top up revolvers. ;)

Galco makes them for .38/.357 and .44 (which also works for .41 Mag); Don Hume and (I think) Safariland make them for .38/.357;  and IHL (available through Dillon Precision) and Milt Sparks also make speed strip holders for .38/.357.  Additionally, the watch/change pockets on jeans usually do an excellent job of holding a speed strip.  I can personally vouch for the Galco .44 pouch and the Milt Sparks speed strip carrier...and for the jeans watch pocket.

Gun shops that have their own "miscellaneous holster junk box" usually have some old police trade-in pouches and/or dump pouches as well.
Regards,
Chuck

charliefarmerboy33

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
Micheal,
I also love my Bond Arms Derringer! I use an inside the waistband holster, which I can easily move the my left side for a cross draw when I am driving. The other is the in the pocket holster. Works wonderfully in the pocket of my cargo shorts. I carry a .45 Colt in the upper barrel and the 5 pellet buckshot in the lower barrel. I keep the hammer toggled to fire the lower barrel first.
I am now ordering the shell holder.
Thanks
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember what you said.

Ken0804

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
Michael-  Did I hear you right?  Did you say you carried your derringer while "swilling margueritas"?  I don't know about your area but it is expressly prohibited from not only carrying where alcohol is served but strictly verbotten to carry while drinking.  As a former alcoholic, I certainly agree with this.  I wouldn't think of having a gun in my possesion while I am in a less than sober state.
I hope I misheard you.
Regards,
Ken

tumblebug

10/15 Walt R. repete show on snubbies good 3rd. time to.

Sponsor

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
Naw...that was a bad edit, which comes from recording and editing in the middle of the night. What I said was "...EXCEPT when I was swilling margaritas..." Then I transferred the clip from the portable recorder to the editing program on the computer, which neatly "ducked" — essentially applied a fade up transition to — the clip. That lobbed off most of the word "except."

So, DON'T swill margaritas when you're carrying hardware!

Sorry...

Michael B

Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

Ken0804

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
Michael-

I understand about the edit.  I'm more glad that it was an error.  Otherwise I would have has to stop watching and listening to you 'cause I would have doubted your sanity.

Love your show.  I carry a S&W 642 with CT grips because of you and W Rauch. MUCH easier than trying to hide the grip of a 4 or 5" auto.

Ken in Charlotte, NC

P.S.  You mean you don't do you show all in one take?!?!?!   ;)

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
I always MEAN to do the show in one take...then I cough...or lose the thread...or see a partially dressed member of the opposite sex on the hotel room television...or desperately need more caffeine...or want to go to sleep...and there you are.

I'm in Berryville, AR, tonight to spend all day tomorrow at WIlson Combat with old friend Bill Wilson. I'm working on this week's podcast. I'm 15 minutes in and now have five seperate audio pieces...sigh...long night in Garage Band...

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk