Author Topic: Savage 110 FCP-K .300 Win. Mag.  (Read 30096 times)

Badgersmilk

Re: Savage 110 FCP-K .300 Win. Mag.
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2009, 02:25:08 PM »
I find it hard to believe from what billit says, that he looked at the Leupold rings I was talking about (see link).  They in HIS description are perfect.

1911...  Lick my sack. ;D  When you have something intelligent to say.  I'm eager to listen!  Wont hold my breath. ;)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2009, 02:46:23 PM »
There is nothing "wrong" with the Leupold rings you have pictured. I'm merely pointing out the fact the so called "strength" of the rings means little because it is not the weak link in the system. Any steel ring will scratch the scope tube that is mounted in it. My reasons for choosing the Burris Signature Rings over others, (and I own many other brands), is the fact the plastic inserts allow better holding capability without any marring or scratching to occur. This will forbid you to return the scope for a refund from many suppliers because they cannot resell a scratched scope that shows evidence of mounting. Another reason is the Posi-Align offset plastic inserts allow for a tremendous amount of vertical, lateral, and diagonal movement you simply cannot achieve with other rings, regardless of make or construction. They eliminate lapping because they are self centering, and because of it will not subject the scope to any undo stress by misaligned rings. What percentage of shooters lap their scope rings? I'm willing to bet it is less than 10%. The Burris Signature Rings are revolutionary in this regard because their design side steps so many of these issues with good, solid innovation.   Bill T.

tombogan03884

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2009, 03:02:31 PM »
I find it hard to believe from what billit says, that he looked at the Leupold rings I was talking about (see link).  They in HIS description are perfect.

1911...  Lick my sack. ;D  When you have something intelligent to say.  I'm eager to listen!  Wont hold my breath. ;)

Go ahead and hold your breath BM, You could be the first Smurf on the forum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFxv0-WSJ5g&feature=related

Rob10ring

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2009, 03:46:01 PM »
Nice rifle! I've only recently been looking into Savage, so I don't know too much about them. What was the ballpark price?

Does anyone know if their package rifles that include a scope are any good?

What's with the puppies mouse pad in the photos? ;)

Badgersmilk

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2009, 04:32:45 PM »
+1 on all of the last 3 posts.  I dont own a set of the leupold rings (yet), and am still shopping.  I do have Burris rings on my M77 that I LOVE.  VERY well made, rock solid, not "Signature series" though.  My personal choice is still to pass on those.  To each their own. ;D

HEADS UP:  I about fell over the other day when at BassPro and saw a guy there lapping in rings for a customer.  He said.  "Yeah, we do it ANYTIME we mount a scope, stupid not to.  Boresight it to.  Costs $20 bucks, or its free if you buy the scope and gun here."  

$20 well spent IMO!  Also impressed with the effort he was putting into "getting it just right".

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 12:55:49 AM »

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2009, 04:36:10 PM »
Nice rifle! I've only recently been looking into Savage, so I don't know too much about them. What was the ballpark price?

Right around $811.00 out the door.

Does anyone know if their package rifles that include a scope are any good?

It depends on what you mean by "any good"? Most of Savage's packaged rifles come with a lower end Bushnell or Simmons variable model, usually a 3-9X 40 MM. While it will certainly suffice, I would buy just the rifle and look for a little better grade of glass. Midway, Cabela's, and many other shooting supply houses have sales on some of the better grades that aren't that much more expensive.

What's with the puppies mouse pad in the photos? ;)

My wife's laptop. The puppies are Golden Retrievers. Like this one,

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2009, 05:03:05 PM »
His name is Sam. Today is his birthday, he is 9.  Bill T.

Rob10ring

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2009, 05:56:38 PM »
His name is Sam. Today is his birthday, he is 9.  Bill T.
I hope all of that fur is keeping him from the sun out there. I moved to AZ back in 90 for a short time, but left my husky at my parent's. I thought it would be too hot, but a lot of people had huskies there.

tombogan03884

Badgersmilk

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2009, 09:33:34 PM »
GREAT article! 

This time around I think I'm just gonna take everything to BassPro.  $20 bucks, and he did have the torque screw driver there, didnt stay to watch him use it, but it was on his table, along with the two pointy metal pieces in the article I dont have.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk