Author Topic: AR-15 To The Leg, (WARNING GRAPHIC!!)  (Read 19076 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454

Neon Knight Anubis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: AR-15 To The Leg, (WARNING GRAPHIC!!)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 06:11:45 PM »
That left a mark  :o

I didn't think the exit wound of a 223 would be that traumatic.
We'll know for the first time
If we're evil or divine
We're the last in line

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 81
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 06:22:01 PM »

Hey Knight, haven't seen you around much. Everything OK?

As for the exit wound, the posts were interesting (not only because of the blend of English and Phillipino) - the bullet did not hit the bone, but was light and tumbled rather significantly - as the lighter SS109 bullets do. If it were the steel core the exit may not have been so messy, but then I have no clue, no experience, so I am  guessing!   ;D
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 06:55:33 PM »

With the appropriate round it did what it is designed to do, come apart at high velocity causing massive wound channel.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

onrecess

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 06:59:00 PM »
A drunk cop with an m-16?  Now THAT'S a bad day. :D

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:02:08 AM »

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 07:09:10 PM »
No way that is/was a M-16 entry and exit wound!!! Sorry guys, not biting on this one.  ;)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 07:12:13 PM »
You want fries with all that hamburger?  ;)
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 07:15:53 PM »
Thats why I could never work in an ER (or a war zone).
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Ksail101

• Airborne all the way!!!
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 07:24:24 PM »
This looks alot like what happened to my friend. Except his was in the Calf the doctor actually made the entry and exits wounds larger to allow for drainage. It was pretty wicked.

This though is crazy cause it is so close to the femoral artery. The fastest way to bleed out is to sever that. When I went through Combat Lifesaver course that was one of the things I took away from it. You can bleed out in 15sec if that it is severed. Alot of motocross riders have died on the track cause of internal bleeding caused by severing the Femoral Artery after breaking their femur.
Did we win???

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 08:19:06 PM »
A number of deer hunters have stabbed themselves in the groin while skinning deer and severed that artery. They fell down and died without taking a step. Just one more thing to watch out for. There are more ways to die than you can count.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk