Author Topic: newbi with mini-14/30 question.  (Read 9602 times)

WaltGraham

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: newbi with mini-14/30 question.
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2007, 06:08:33 AM »
Had a mini, sold it, bought it back a few years ago. For its' intended purpose, it's a great gun. I do expect it to function reliably, and it has, and I don't expect it to drive tacks after it gets hot, and it doesn't. Fortunately, you can have more than one rifle (so far) and I have different ones for specific purposes.

HAWKFISH

• Top Forum Member
  • One thing I've learned. **"It's hit or be hit."**
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: newbi with mini-14/30 question.
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2007, 07:38:48 AM »
Both the mini 14 and the mini 30 are cool guns. I've shot some. My brother had a mini 30 for awhile. I genereally agree with the previous responses so far. Accuracy is okay. Not as good as an AR.. No it's not. But it is as good or better than others rifles.. such as some SKS's. Close ranges is where they shine. They are a good looking gun. And they are not as expensive as AR's. They are okay. If you want the better accuracy at the longer ranges.. then I would hold off and try to save a little more to get something just a little better in that regard. If the accuracy is not as high of a priority.. then heck go ahead and get one.. mini 30's make great guns for say "hog hunting." This is just my 2 cents worth. Hope it helps some.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk