Author Topic: Remington 7615/7600  (Read 5255 times)

chefman

• Forum Member
  • My son the Corpsman
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Remington 7615/7600
« on: November 03, 2007, 09:07:34 PM »
Has anybody had a chance to inspect the Rem 7615 tactical pump yet. I looks like it would be a good candidate for a home defense weapon with it's AR15, 10 round mag. I am thinking I would rather have it than the 7600 which uses a 4 round mag.
GUNS shoot BULLETS, PEOPLE shoot PEOPLE ..dang it!

mnshooter

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Remington 7615/7600
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 11:24:17 AM »
It might serve ok if you are trying to stay with one operating system.  Don't try to use it with the 30 round or possibly even the 20 round mag or you may find yourself blocked in the middle of the pump stroke, not to mention leaving some of the skin from your forearm decorating the front lip of the floorplate. 
If I'm going to have a home defense gun that looks like a shotgun, operates like a shotgun, holds about the same number of shots as a full length mag shotgun, etc., I would rather have a shotgun.
If I want a .223 I want the AR platform, (or SIG, or Mini 14, etc).
Everyone has their opinions.  I hope others will offer theirs.

canon6

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Remington 7615/7600
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 09:28:27 PM »
I have a 7615,with ghost ring sights.I do truley love this combination. Short, magazine fed,light and decent sights.I did put a XS big dot nit sight on the front.I usually use 20 round mags and have not had a problem with the stroke function. If I have a problem with it ,it has quite a bit of muzzle flash,from the operators view, a problem I am going to fix as soon as I can locate a Vortex flash suppesior.    NEW PICTURE  flashhider, EOTECH     Doug
a armed man is his own master

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk