• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 595
Re: 2012
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2009, 10:23:36 PM »
Yes....and it's a big-assed porch too.

With a swing set in the back, no less. What was the model?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1066
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2009, 10:26:12 PM »
With a swing set in the back, no less. What was the model?

Installed under an oak tree just 30 feet from the Oval Office, the American-made, earth-friendly playground is from Rainbow Play Systems (rainbowplay.com), a company based in Brookings, S.D. The Rainbow Castle has been "tricked out with lots of bells and whistles," says owner Greg Foster, including swings, a climbing wall, a rope ladder, a slide, monkey bars and a "penthouse with a double bubble." (Translation: an upper-level fort with two Plexiglas windows that are deep enough to climb inside.)

http://www.azcentral.com/style/hfe/decor/articles/2009/03/19/20090319whitehouseswing.html

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2009, 10:46:12 PM »
Rastus is only partly right, while we are at the LOW point of the sunspot cycle NOW, (possibly just past it) Sun spot activity is now on an upsurge and is predicted to peak about the middle of 2012 with activity predicted to be somewhat less than the 2000 peak.
http://solarscience.msfc.nasa.gov/SunspotCycle.shtml

I would think that this coupled with the explosive increase in computerization and wireless communications would be more hazardous to our society than anything else. Our society, as proven by Hurricane Katrina and it's aftermath, refuses to accord nature the respect deserved by it's shear power, very few precautions are taken to protect against acts of nature, which have the power of planetary forces behind them. People are STILL living in the flood plains in New Orleans, it is only in the last few decades that people have included "Earth quaking" technology into building designs, People still build large structures with flat roofs in the snow belt, and do nothing to protect buildings in other flood prone areas.
Protecting against something that may never happen is stupid if you fail to protect against things that happen every year or so, like wild fires in Ca. I have very little sympathy for the people who lost their homes, every single year they have wild fires, is it REALLY that hard  to figure out that you need to keep a fire break around your property ?

tombogan03884

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2009, 10:48:40 PM »

Installed under an oak tree just 30 feet from the Oval Office, the American-made, earth-friendly playground is from Rainbow Play Systems (rainbowplay.com), a company based in Brookings, S.D. The Rainbow Castle has been "tricked out with lots of bells and whistles," says owner Greg Foster, including swings, a climbing wall, a rope ladder, a slide, monkey bars and a "penthouse with a double bubble." (Translation: an upper-level fort with two Plexiglas windows that are deep enough to climb inside.)

http://www.azcentral.com/style/hfe/decor/articles/2009/03/19/20090319whitehouseswing.html

Aren't his daughters in their TEENS ?

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1066
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2009, 10:53:44 PM »

Aren't his daughters in their TEENS ?

10 and 7........I think.......but big for their ages.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 03:31:29 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk