Author Topic: .44 mag load  (Read 5179 times)

jcbdc

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
.44 mag load
« on: September 14, 2009, 09:52:14 AM »
Catching up on the podcasts last night and thought I heard about a 300+ grain load at 1300+ fps.  Would pay to watch Michael shoot that one.  I would have loved to been able to see Elmer shoot his loads in his 44 special.  I think it would have a devisating affect on a cape bullalo.

Doc B
As I have gone thru lifes highways and byways I soon found that there were more horsesasses than there were horses!!

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
Re: .44 mag load
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 03:16:49 PM »
Only under duress!

Here's a list of WHAMO-BLAMO .44s:

Corbon 305 gr @1250
Buffalo Bore 305 gr@1325
Garrett "Hammerhead" 310-gr@1325

Any one of the three will loosen your fillings and probably case your eyeballs to pop out!

Michael B

Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 04:18:50 PM »
+1 on the 305 Cor-Bon's.

I also have a couple of boxes of older Cor-Bon 280gr JSP's at 1400 fps (now listed at 1350) that are no slouches in the thump department.

They will definitely interrupt the afternoon picnic of a wild hog.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 04:46:06 PM »
They would interrupt the afternoon picnic of a velociraptor...

mb
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

Glockcrazz

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 08:52:59 PM »
I just bought a new to me 44 mag S&W 629. I'll have to try a few of this loads for fun. I'm new to the forums but have been listening to the podcast for a while now.  Great show keep up the good work!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:27:10 AM »

seeker_two

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 09:54:28 PM »

Corbon 305 gr @1250
Buffalo Bore 305 gr@1325
Garrett "Hammerhead" 310-gr@1325

Michael B

Just try shooting those through a derringer....it'll make a grown man  :'( ....
Why, yes....I'm the right-wing extremist Obama warned you about... ;D

I just wish Texas was as free and independent as everyone thinks it is...   :'(

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 06:50:53 PM »
Just try shooting those through a derringer....it'll make a grown man  :'( ....

No.

That is my 'line in the sand'. 
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk