Author Topic: Robert Novak on Fred Thompson  (Read 4688 times)

clayflingythingy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Robert Novak on Fred Thompson
« on: November 08, 2007, 08:07:20 AM »
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2007/11/fred_thompsons_blunder.html

Being a libertarian, small governement conservative I am not in tune with the social conservatives. Is Novak reporting a widespread view here?

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Robert Novak on Fred Thompson
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 08:41:30 AM »
Nope, Novak being the RINO he is, is trying to stir it up.

Let's face it you cannot be in favor of small (federal) gov't and also expect the Feds to run peoples' lives.  My belief is that the government should stay completely out of it (abortion) and leave it up to state and local where the people can have a much more direct say in the matter.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 12:19:11 PM »
And I think that the state and local should keep their noses out of it.
And as far as  the good old Christian people who like to try to decide what is best for someone else??
They are far from the ones who should be trying to make the decisions for what someone else is doing with their lives.

Lets all of us keep watch over what is cluttering up our OWN doorsteps and porches..take care of our own lives.. .and leave personal decisions up to those who are directly involved. The decision on whether a woman should terminate her pregnancy or whether she should carry full term is entirely between her and God. Not anyone else!
Do not judge and jury someone until you are wearing their moccasins and have walked some miles in them. It isn't anyone's business unless the mother asks ands wants to make it their business.

Personally..I could never and would never have an abortion ( my kids are my heartbeat)...BUT................. it is not my decision to make for anyone else. And thank heavens that we live in an age where girls don't have to go into a dirty back alley room to do what they think they have to do. (And if they are determined ..they WILL do it, one way or another)

I am a conservative up to a point... but life and situations are not black and white.
Abortion is a touchy touchy subject with way too many limbs coming off the branches.
In my opinion ( and you can definitely see that I have one  ;) ) I realize that abuse of any procedure is done. But I would much rather have a woman be able to have a safe abortion than to have a child born to someone who will abuse it and not take care of it..or end up tossing it in a dumpster somewhere..

I won't go on anymore.. this subject..( like the gun rights issue ) is extremely emotional to me... And when the government wants to stick their noses into every breath we take just makes me more emotionally furious..

(((big breath)))) Well~~ sorry I got myself up on that soapbox.. I will quietly climb down and sneak back to the bookwork that I was working on ..  ;D

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

howlrwy

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 04:15:13 PM »
Well Marshal'ette,  I knew I liked you.  Wow did you just speak much of my same feelings and I can also get up on a soap box now and then.  Just ask anyone I work with. <grin>  My own children were a wonder and fantastic part of my life, as are the grandchildren now.  Still I feel that this is, as you stated, the decision of the couple or if a single woman, her decision to make.  I'm a few years older than you, we won't talk about how many, but I remember when I was in high school and we had one girl in the school who did go to the back alley abortionist and barely survived.  This was back when it wasn't legal to perform abortions, and she did what she thought she needed to do.  She also was told that she never would be able to have children of her own in the future because of the botch job done on her. 

We need to keep the choice there for those who want it

NRA Life Member

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 04:49:52 PM »
Marsal'ette,

What I meant by state and local is for funding and Dr licenseing, NOT weather it should be legal. 

I have my own opinion BUT I would not dream of forcing it on others.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:11:05 AM »

clayflingythingy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 08:02:31 PM »
Nope, Novak being the RINO he is, is trying to stir it up.

Let's face it you cannot be in favor of small (federal) gov't and also expect the Feds to run peoples' lives.  My belief is that the government should stay completely out of it (abortion) and leave it up to state and local where the people can have a much more direct say in the matter.

Novak a RINO????????????? Wow.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk