Author Topic: What sling do you prefer on your AR?  (Read 10296 times)

Bill Stryker

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: What sling do you prefer on your AR?
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 07:31:24 PM »
I have a CMP M1907 black sling on my varmit configuration. I will use this rifle for league.

My M4-gerie has a black fabric M1 sling.

I keep looking at the options and am open to change on the M4-gerie.

Adkins

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2009, 12:40:32 PM »
im already looking into magpul's asap sling & the mount for it.Once I get my eotech paid off that is. but i do have a 2 point sling... i just need a front sling mount

brosometal

• Top Forum Member
  • Still a Grade A 1 smart donkey! DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
The person who has nothing for which his is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
- J.S. Mill

1FastRedZ

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2009, 06:58:33 PM »
I have a Gear Sector ASP and really like it.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 10:09:35 AM »

david86440

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2009, 07:04:46 PM »
http://www.uscav.com/productinfo.aspx?productid=17283&TabID=1&cs=1

same sling, better price

http://www.opticsplanet.net/caa-one-point-sling.html

The problem i have with Optics Planet is that they show they have something in inventory, but when you order it they end up not having it available.

Has anyone else run into this with Optics Planet?

pioneer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2009, 03:41:32 PM »
I prefer the standard "GI" 2 point sling.

Ditto.  I have two & both have two-point GI cloth slings.  I have no interest in appearing "tacti-cool," I'm no longer crashing through doors wearing body armor and ninja stuff and I'm not planning a trip to Afghanistan any time soon, so for my purposes, the GI sling works perfectly. 

For covert carry however, I discovered from one of the gun forums I belong to, what is called a "gig bag."  What that is, is a soft sided electric guitar case.  Someone sees a guy walking down the street carrying a gun case, there may be a call to 9-1-1 happening very soon.  Dumb, I know, but it happens.  See an old guy walking down the street with a guitar case on his back, and most folks don't give you a second look.  I got the kind that has back pack straps & outside pockets perfect for spare magazines.  I built up the inside with foam rubber to keep it's shape.  Set me back about $15.00.  Google "gig bag" and check them out.   Lots of colors and options.  I even fooled my gun savvy son, who thought the old man had gone over the edge and turned hippie.   8)

Life Member NRA / SAF Member
Naval Aviation 1965-1969
Retired Police Detective '71-'01
HR-218 Certified

United States Constitution (c) 1791
         All Rights Reserved.

Badgersmilk

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2009, 03:17:22 AM »
Ditto.  I have two & both have two-point GI cloth slings.  I have no interest in appearing "tacti-cool," I'm no longer crashing through doors wearing body armor and ninja stuff and I'm not planning a trip to Afghanistan any time soon, so for my purposes, the GI sling works perfectly. 

For covert carry however, I discovered from one of the gun forums I belong to, what is called a "gig bag."  What that is, is a soft sided electric guitar case.  Someone sees a guy walking down the street carrying a gun case, there may be a call to 9-1-1 happening very soon.  Dumb, I know, but it happens.  See an old guy walking down the street with a guitar case on his back, and most folks don't give you a second look.  I got the kind that has back pack straps & outside pockets perfect for spare magazines.  I built up the inside with foam rubber to keep it's shape.  Set me back about $15.00.  Google "gig bag" and check them out.   Lots of colors and options.  I even fooled my gun savvy son, who thought the old man had gone over the edge and turned hippie.   8)

Groovy idea man!  ;)

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2009, 03:28:22 PM »

My dad padded a guitar case with foam for a folding stocked shotgun.  Fits his AK 47 perfectly too.
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

TexGun

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2009, 09:26:06 PM »
Bought a Vickers sling today.  I'll let you know how I like it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk