Author Topic: BRUCE GRAY CUSTOM GSR 1911 .45 Giveaway!  (Read 39965 times)

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: BRUCE GRAY CUSTOM GSR 1911 .45 Giveaway!
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2007, 10:27:19 AM »
Okay Tim...stop!...enough!...you've beaten me down! Suppose I was to talk to our pal Wayne Novak about a little .45 1911 giveaway...what do you think the specs on such a gun should be????. I was thinking of maybe an Officer's sized piece...would you go with Kart, Bar-Sto or someone else on the barrel? Stainless, blue or magic shake-and-bake finish? Sights...well, it'll probably be Novak doing the building, but he's got a lot off selections...

So what would the Tim Burke Special look like?

BTW all, Tim knows of which he speaks!

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

Bidah

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2007, 06:46:20 PM »
A fantastic job, and congratulations to the winner.  Now I can stop drooling for a few minutes till I start again on that next drawing... :)

-Bidah
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”  The Doctor

texcaliber

• Top Forum Member
  • "My best friends are Smith & Wesson"
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2007, 07:54:11 PM »
OK boys and girls i am going to just put my 2cents in here if i may?
If you are going to talk about a "giveaway gun" then officer is not the way Michael should be thinking. IMHO man LONGSLIDE is where it is at and it should have a "Shuman" BBL with a hybred setup along with the adjustabe Novak maybe a fiberoptic mounted on the BBL so it does not move when the slide moves. Now that would be worth your time and might just keep a few men and gals up at night.
THEN AGAIN I JUST MIGHT BE IN THE MINORITY HERE!!!
But I don't think so.
Lets see.
"All I need in life is Love and a .45!"

Tim Burke

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2007, 01:12:30 PM »
So what would the Tim Burke Special look like?
I tend to favor larger 1911s, although I do have one Officers sized gun, coincidentally from Novak's shop, built by the late Joe Bonar.
What would I have Wayne build, now? 4.25" or 5" 1911. Double diamond slim black micarta grips. Shorten the butt and weld on a mag well so that the standard dimensions are maintained. Machine the profile of the mag well to match the slim grips. Gold bead front sight, Ghost rear. Kart barrel. Novak's "The Answer" in lieu of a beavertail grip safety. GI guide rod.
Front strap checkered at 25x25. Flat MSH checkered at 25 lpi. Ed Brown Tactical extended safety. Replace the ignition system with someone's kit... there are a number of good ones out there now. 4# trigger. Fit 2 Ed Brown Hardcore extractors. Carry bevel, matte the top of the slide, finish in NP3.
Not a lot of flash, but a very functional carry gun, with a distinct Novak flavor.
TB., NC

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2007, 06:10:04 PM »
Tim;

How about this gun, a Novak NeXt 5-inch:

Novak's NEXT ™ proto-type rear sight & Gold Bead front
Novak 1 of 100 New model 70 series  Colt
Novak One-piece back strap "ANSWER®" 25x25 Checkering
Novak Hammer Kit
GI Extractor
GI Slide stop
Videki Trigger
Checker Front Strap - Stainless, High Cut
(All Checkering by Pete Single)
Kart NM Barrel - hard fit and hand lapped
Match Bushing
Ed Brown Mag Catch
Lower Ejection Port
Scallop Rear of Ejection Port
Reliability Package
Slide  Serrations
Carry Bevel Package
New Grip Bushings
Novak Practical Grip Screws -carbon steel
Refinish SS
Novak / Mil-tac Grips G10 with Medallions
Bevel Magazine Well

Wayne's on board with a custom for the Giveaway, and this is what we're talking about. BTW, I just sent my GUNSITE S&W to him for The Answer, along with a little Kimber to see if Wayne can fix it so I like it better.

Thanks for playing along!

Will you be attending the Cooper Memorial at Whittington in a couple of weeks?

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

Sponsor

« Reply #95 on: Today at 01:24:43 AM »

Tim Burke

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2007, 06:53:40 PM »
That's pretty cool. No, wait, that's really cool.
It's close enough to my  personal wish list that I certainly wouldn't complain.
I'm going to miss the Cooper Memorial... my partner is on vacation that week for his honeymoon, and he wouldn't trade.
TB., NC

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2007, 07:29:03 PM »
MB,

Sounds like a FANTASTIC piece!

But let's make sure everyone realizes that even 'newbies' have a shot at this, NOT just members that were here when the offer (and bitchin) happened.

Yer a good man Charlie Brown to put up with some of this stuff. :)
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Combatvet

« Reply #97 on: April 25, 2007, 01:43:35 PM »
Is this Jim for Baton Rouge even a member here? I haven't seen him post showing the spoils of his ill gotten gain.

I cry foul and feel like this contest was an elaborate hoax to up the membership here. I wouldn't doubt it if Jim is one of your friends.

This contest was clearly misrepresented. I'd even go as far to say that you were accepting entries at the convention and could have cared less about whether or not the entrants actually visited this site.

The people that came here and registered for this giveaway should have the only one's considered for the drawing.

You whored yourself out to the masses when you allowed every Tom, Dick, and Harry to register from elsewhere. I watched the video like the other 600 or so entrants. 8000, how the hell can you say this contest was for "Downrange Television" members?

This is a sham and a complete misrepresentation of what a Giveaway is about. This was meant to bring attention to the site, well you got it. Now everyone knows what a complete hoax this really is.

I hope you have the intestinal fortitude to leave this up. You bet your hairy asses this is a case of sour grapes, I knowingly entered a contest that I had zero chance of winning. But I entered thinking I was on a level playing field. I was among my fellow gun nuts, helping a new site get off the ground. I expected honesty and integrity. I got neither. Good luck Jim! If you even exist. I think if he does exist he's a friend or family and is in on the con.

You can lock my account as I'll never come back.

Combatvet

« Reply #98 on: April 25, 2007, 01:59:54 PM »
Is this Jim for Baton Rouge even a member here? I haven't seen him post showing the spoils of his ill gotten gain.

I cry foul and feel like this contest was an elaborate hoax to up the membership here. I wouldn't doubt it if Jim is one of your friends.

This contest was clearly misrepresented. I'd even go as far to say that you were accepting entries at the convention and could have cared less about whether or not the entrants actually visited this site.

The people that came here and registered for this giveaway should have the only one's considered for the drawing.

You whored yourself out to the masses when you allowed every Tom, Dick, and Harry to register from elsewhere. I watched the video like the other 600 or so entrants. 8000, how the hell can you say this contest was for "Downrange Television" members?

This is a sham and a complete misrepresentation of what a Giveaway is about. This was meant to bring attention to the site, well you got it. Now everyone knows what a complete hoax this really is.

I hope you have the intestinal fortitude to leave this up. You bet your hairy asses this is a case of sour grapes, I knowingly entered a contest that I had zero chance of winning. But I entered thinking I was on a level playing field. I was among my fellow gun nuts, helping a new site get off the ground. I expected honesty and integrity. I got neither. Good luck Jim! If you even exist. I think if he does exist he's a friend or family and is in on the con.

You can lock my account as I'll never come back.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk