Author Topic: pistol grip shotguns  (Read 36162 times)

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 81
Re: pistol grip shotguns
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 06:49:39 AM »
That's probably truue, but I tend to be of the school of "whatever works." I'd also like to point out that I've shot 12-gauges fitted with the Knoxx Breachers Grip...

http://www.knoxx.com/products/BreachersGrip.php

...and it's amazing how much the Knoxx grip lowers recoil. You might want to give it a try.

I've been toying with the Knoxx collapsible stock - this introduces a whole new set of ideas for my Mossy 590.

Me, I'm always on the verge of filling out the paperwork and ponying up the money for one of these little guys built on an 870:

http://serbu.com/top/superShorty.php

Put a Breachers Grip on it and keep it by my bed!

Michael B, pining for an Ithaca Auto & Burglar

Might work for home invaders, with the 870 you still get that satisfying ratchet sound as you rack the slide. Better hope you don't get swarmed by zombies tho, three in mag, one in the chamber doesn't go to far.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

MichellesFURY

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 06:33:25 PM »
I'm not sure of the technology behind the knoxx breacher, etc, but those videos were pretty cheesy.  That female officer shooting the high powered rifle with the 10 inch scope eye relief :P or some of those guys probably firing birdshot...I don't know.  One member here says it works, and from the looks of it, it seems similar to the Jati sub gun which...well..never mind...

I believe it works-I'm guessing the grip recoils under some type of spring tension to reduce felt recoil-which is good.

That being said compared to other shotguns inside of the house-at room distances, where clearence can be an issue and a traditional stock with a rubber buttplate could snag...?  Might be a good choice but I think at distances outside of the house a traditional stock would be better, YMMV...

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2007, 12:53:56 AM »
I wouldn't know if there's ay formal Tactical training on pistol gripped shotgun. But I've got a Mossberg 590 with a Speedfeed Bird'shead/Witness protection style grip, and I really love it.
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2007, 07:19:36 AM »
Heard from Mark Serbu, and there's a 870 Super Shorty in my future!

I plan to do a full-sale test for DOWN RANGE with it, shooting it against my other 12 gauge defense shotguns and see what happens. I'll also see if I can round up a Breachers Grip...maybe I can get that woman from the video...

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

clayflingythingy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2007, 08:11:20 AM »
I have only fired a couple of rounds out of a PG only stock. That was enuff to know I don't want to do it anymore.

Over the years at our local range I have seen a number of people practicing with PG stocks. They seem to do a lot of missing. Left, right, low, high, you name it I've seen it. To be used effectively I assume there is a special technique and most people don't know it!

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 12:40:38 AM »

TexasAggie01

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2007, 10:16:39 AM »
Found this this morning. http://www.remington.com/tactical/tactical_shotguns.asp Time to start practicing delayed gratification again...

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2007, 12:38:17 PM »
You are right , the technique is close in and out to 20 feet IMHO, close quarters as in homes boats etc.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2007, 01:43:46 PM »
You know, I have another one of my apparently endless supply of stupid ideas. I'm goign to be talking to Bill Murphy next week...I believe he is the single best shotgun instructor in the country. I've been through his 260 shotgun class at GUNSITE. I am going to ask Bill — nicely — if he could come up with a 1-day class, or at least the curriculum for such, using the pistol grip-ONLY shotgun.

I'll let you know what Bill says.

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

leatherman92

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2007, 09:22:42 PM »
I want a super shorty for chirstmas :D
One riot,one redneck

AppleSeed

• AppleSeed
  • Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2008, 09:24:01 PM »
I have a Moss 500 with foward and rear grips, its my back-up to a Glock. I think the only downfall in close-range self-defense is the inability to use the buttstock as a weapon. It took some practice but i can be very accurate with quick firing at tactical ranges. The foward grip helps me with the recoil as much as anything. Wrist pain for a week after a day of shooting made me try the front grip. My load consists of 00, Slug, 00, Slug,........     If that doesnt work, I'M RUNNING!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk