Author Topic: SR 556 Anyone??  (Read 13957 times)

Ksail101

• Airborne all the way!!!
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
SR 556 Anyone??
« on: September 24, 2009, 09:23:42 AM »
Maybe this has been brought up or someone has already did a range report, but I would really like to know what someone who isnt paid by (No diss to you Mr. Bane I respect what you have to say) Ruger. I want an AR now that I have a new job and some money saved and really like the features that the SR 556 come with. Just want to hear how it is. Thanks- Kevin
Did we win???

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
Re: SR 556 Anyone??
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 09:34:18 AM »
Hey Kev, here is a good and fair review.

http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-SR556.htm
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

Buckwheat McCoy

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 09:37:39 AM »
Go here for more info:

Massad Ayoob on the Ruger SR 556

This is the Title of the thread.  I've posted range reports for my SR556.

I swear by mine.  IHO Ruger has in fact re-defined the AR platform.  As soon as Ruger begins to sell uppers, I'm replacing my Bushmaster upper with one.  Of course that's if I don't buy another complete SR556 before that.  A very good friend of my is going to buy one next week.  FYI, here in SW Oregon, Flying Cloud Trading Co. is selling them for $1495.  They're selling very well with Zero complaints.

Feel free to ask any questions, I just love mine.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 09:48:35 AM »
Go here for more info:

Massad Ayoob on the Ruger SR 556

This is the Title of the thread.  I've posted range reports for my SR556.

I swear by mine.  IHO Ruger has in fact re-defined the AR platform.  As soon as Ruger begins to sell uppers, I'm replacing my Bushmaster upper with one.  Of course that's if I don't buy another complete SR556 before that.  A very good friend of my is going to buy one next week.  FYI, here in SW Oregon, Flying Cloud Trading Co. is selling them for $1495.  They're selling very well with Zero complaints.

Feel free to ask any questions, I just love mine.

Buckwheat
When you want to sell your upper PM me. I bought a DPMS sportical because the price (less than six bills NIB) was to good to pass up. My only complaint is that as a lefty, I want the deflector and down the road, the non-chrome bore will catch up to me. If you want, or any one else wants, to sell an upper please PM me.
FQ13

Ksail101

• Airborne all the way!!!
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 09:51:54 AM »
Cool Guys thanks alot. I knew someone had to have put something up. I did a quick scan on here and didnt see much.

Its been a year now since I started all this job stuff and in that time I havent been on here as much as I used to or like. I have been looking for threads about the 556.

Is 1500-1700 the normal price point now??? Or should I look around to find it cheaper??? This has been one thing for me that I havent liked. The 2000 msrp. There is a gun shop down the road from me likes to charge MSRP and all the workers are not too friendly, but they are the ruger dealer that is close.
Did we win???

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:16:15 PM »

1911 Junkie

• Top Forum Member
  • aka Mr 4000
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 09:58:21 AM »
JMHO, but the Para TTR (Ar) seems like a better gun, a more expensive gun, but a better gun. They started shipping this week.
"I'd love to spit some Beechnut in that dudes eye and shoot him with my old .45"  Hank Jr.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 10:08:11 AM »
Hey Kev, here is a good and fair review.

http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-SR556.htm

Also questionable as far as who pays their rent (also, no offense)

*Eric C. -- Who is wondering if I really heard the podcast correctly when Michael Bane admitted to lurking around AR15.com ???  :o
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 10:10:08 AM »
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 10:48:19 AM »
you can get a piston driven from CMMG for under 900.00 regular ARs for 650.00
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 12:10:03 PM »
Cool Guys thanks alot. I knew someone had to have put something up. I did a quick scan on here and didnt see much.

Its been a year now since I started all this job stuff and in that time I havent been on here as much as I used to or like. I have been looking for threads about the 556.

Is 1500-1700 the normal price point now??? Or should I look around to find it cheaper??? This has been one thing for me that I havent liked. The 2000 msrp. There is a gun shop down the road from me likes to charge MSRP and all the workers are not too friendly, but they are the ruger dealer that is close.

Probably is the price point. I know my Sig 556 is almost $2g these days. Of course, other brands are cheaper for either a piston and especially non-piston rifles.

As for the gun shop, no reason to buy retail. Go find a good pawn shop, see what they charge for an FFL transfer, and buy the Ruger (if that's what you have your heart set on) from the cheapest mail order seller. At least around here, the gun shops charge $50-75 for a FFL transfer, the pawnshops about $20.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk