Author Topic: Needing a good centerfire rifle scope  (Read 7239 times)

HAWKFISH

• Top Forum Member
  • One thing I've learned. **"It's hit or be hit."**
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Needing a good centerfire rifle scope
« on: November 18, 2007, 12:41:58 AM »
Recently I purchased a Remington model 700. It is chambered in 7mm Remington Magnum. I don't have a scope yet and have been looking at scopes for it. This is my first scoped weapon. It will be used for hunting and target shooting at the range. I am thinking about a 3x9x40 size possibly. I'm just looking for something that will take the recoil of the 7mm mag and shoot well out to 200yds. Any recommendations in the $300 or less range?

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Needing a good centerfire rifle scope
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 05:54:00 AM »
I have had no problem with Bushnell scopes.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 05:40:06 AM »
Recently I purchased a Remington model 700. It is chambered in 7mm Remington Magnum. I don't have a scope yet and have been looking at scopes for it. This is my first scoped weapon. It will be used for hunting and target shooting at the range. I am thinking about a 3x9x40 size possibly. I'm just looking for something that will take the recoil of the 7mm mag and shoot well out to 200yds. Any recommendations in the $300 or less range?

You may want to try a Weaver 2x10 power x 38mm.  I have one on a .270 and it works great.  It's clear for 38 mm and I like the ability to dial down to 2x in case I jump something.   If you like smaller objectives (I see you are wanting a 40 mm), and I do, then you oughta' give this one a lookee-see.  I think it was under the $300 limit....cause that was my limit too.  I've seen no evidence of a P.O.I. shift when I change powers.

Have A Great Day In Jesus,
Ken
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 11:24:54 AM »
I've Got a Simmons 8-Point that I really like on my .30-06. They're a pretty inexpensive scope, too. The 3-9x40 one is $50 at Cabela's. And you can find it cheaper than that, I'm sure (I mean we all know Cabela's is high on most of their stuff.).
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

uncle double

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 10:31:58 PM »
I have a Leupold Vari-X II.  I Like Leupold!  My brother picked up a used one for $225 at a gun show recently (saw it on another rifle and asked the guy if he'd consider sellikng it).  They're out there my friend.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:27:24 PM »

Honcho

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 11:02:43 AM »
I own about 3 scopes in the $200-$300 price range and the one that I really like is a Nikon Buckmaster 3x9 that I have on my Ruger .270.  For some reason when I look through it I always think , this thing is really a nice scope for the money.

pioneer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 04:54:40 PM »
http://www.leupold.com/hunting-and-shooting/products/

You can't go wrong.  Made in the USA with a lifetime guarantee.
Life Member NRA / SAF Member
Naval Aviation 1965-1969
Retired Police Detective '71-'01
HR-218 Certified

United States Constitution (c) 1791
         All Rights Reserved.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk