Author Topic: Fred slipping in N.H., Ron Paul and Mike up!  (Read 8261 times)

clayflingythingy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Fred slipping in N.H., Ron Paul and Mike up!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 07:05:34 AM »
If you go to Realclearpolitics and look at the polling data Fred has been between 3-7% in N.H. for several weeks now IIRC. Fred early on bet his campaign on S.C. where he is still within striking distance. Of course, Fred coninues to be a bumbler at campaigning and I would not be surprised if his numbers start going down in S.C. too.

If I was a bookie I still wouldn't take any bets on the Rep nomination but Romney/Huckabee may end up dueling it out in Ia. Who knows what will happen in N.H.

I have decided that since Fred doesn't know how to use it I'm not sending him any more campaign $. Why throw good money after bad?

In the end I don't think Huckabee will have the staying power to win the nomination. If Romney wins Ia and N.H then the sheeple would all line up to vote for Romney. If Huckabee wins Ia and Romney wins N.H. then Guiliani wins Fl who knows what will happen?

camacho

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 11:25:52 PM »
As of today, Huckabee is ahead of Romney by 3 percent. http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_2008__1/2008_presidential_election/iowa/republican_iowa_caucus

I think he's got a very good shot. Hopefully, after winning in Iowa, his donations will increase so that he can compete further.

clayflingythingy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:

rglaser

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 07:23:37 PM »
Could anyone list the Republican candidates in order of best to worst in the issue of gun control?  I know Fred is pretty good and Rudy is bad but need some help with the others.  Thanks in advance!

-Rob Glaser

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:55:40 AM »

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 07:42:00 PM »
Thompson - Yes, Hunter - Yes, Huckabee - If I have to.  The rest - NO!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

clayflingythingy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 07:56:30 PM »
The only two candidates with a shot at the nomination who are "right" on guns are Fred "I am NOT Ronald Reagan" Thompson and Mike "I don't believe in evolution" Huckabee.

Guiliani has been anti gun from day one in his life from what I can tell. But he believes in the second amendment now that he is running for prez.

Romney was an anti gun Gov (he signed an AWB) but believes in the second amendment now that he is running for prez.

McCain is widely despised in the firearms community (forums, etc) for his sponsorship of McCain-Feingold and "closing the gunshow loophole". When you look at his actual voting record he is a pretty pro gun guy. I will no doubt be called all sorts of bad names for that statement.

Thompson has proven to be a bumbler and a disappointment and it looks as if his chances decrease each passing day. Huckabee is soaring in Ia and increasing in other states. He is probably a longshot but so was Jimmy Carter in 1976.

As noted I am no longer sending Thompson any campaign $. But I am not sending any $ to anyone else either. I am just gonna wait and see what happens.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 07:59:54 PM »
Mike Huckabee talks good support, but I am trying to find some history on him concerning voting and actual support.

Rudy scares me.  Even though he tries to talk neutral, I still remember some of his anti-gun moves while in control.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

rglaser

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 07:37:05 AM »
The more I learn about Fred and hear him speak, the more I like him.  What do you all mean about him bumbling or not campaigning well?  He is certainly swaying me to his side.

-Rob Glaser

clayflingythingy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2007, 10:18:33 AM »
The more I learn about Fred and hear him speak, the more I like him.  What do you all mean about him bumbling or not campaigning well?  He is certainly swaying me to his side.

-Rob Glaser

There have been times when watching a video of Thompson has been downright painful. Sometimes he acts bewildered. Read newspaper accounts of his campaign stops in local papers. There are rarely flattering to Thompson.

Huckabee is surging and Thompson is in freefall. Looks as if his campaign is over before it really began.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk