Author Topic: National Ammo Day  (Read 5425 times)

Squibby

• Active Forum Member
  • Ready-Fire-Aim
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
National Ammo Day
« on: November 19, 2007, 09:50:15 PM »
....so, who got some??   ;D ;D

It is a nationwide BUYcott of ammunition.  You buy ammunition.  100 Rounds a person.

The goals of Ammo Day:

The goal of National Ammo Day is to empty the ammunition from the shelves of your local gun store, sporting goods, or hardware store and put that ammunition in the hands of law-abiding citizens.  Make your support of the Second Amendment known--by voting with your dollars!

There are an estimated 75 MILLION gun owners in the United States of America.  If each gun owner or Second Amendment supporter buys 100 rounds of ammunition, that’s 7.5 BILLION rounds in the hands of law-abiding citizens!

The gun/ammunition manufacturers have been taking the brunt of all the frivolous lawsuits, trying to put these folks out of business.  Well, not if we can help it!  And we CAN help it by buying ammunition on November 19!

"The difference between Idealism and Realism is directly porportional to the distance of the problem."

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
Re: National Ammo Day
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 09:53:46 PM »
....so, who got some??   ;D ;D

It is a nationwide BUYcott of ammunition.  You buy ammunition.  100 Rounds a person.

The goals of Ammo Day:

The goal of National Ammo Day is to empty the ammunition from the shelves of your local gun store, sporting goods, or hardware store and put that ammunition in the hands of law-abiding citizens.  Make your support of the Second Amendment known--by voting with your dollars!

There are an estimated 75 MILLION gun owners in the United States of America.  If each gun owner or Second Amendment supporter buys 100 rounds of ammunition, that’s 7.5 BILLION rounds in the hands of law-abiding citizens!

The gun/ammunition manufacturers have been taking the brunt of all the frivolous lawsuits, trying to put these folks out of business.  Well, not if we can help it!  And we CAN help it by buying ammunition on November 19!

Great question.

Can't afford to clean out the stores myself, but I did pick up a bunch of Wolf AK ammo, taking the boy shooting this weekend. Also some .223 for the new Sig 556 I got. Yes folks, it finally came in. What can I say. It's a freaking Swiss Army Knife of a rifle. I'll post pics this weekend when I get a chance to take pics first.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 09:57:17 PM »
PS: Squibby, Hazcat ain't the only one who has to remember to breathe when you post. Just wanted to let you know this old ND cowboy appreciates your, um, uh, well, uh, quesitions.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Squibby

• Active Forum Member
  • Ready-Fire-Aim
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 10:17:50 PM »
PS: Squibby, Hazcat ain't the only one who has to remember to breathe when you post. Just wanted to let you know this old ND cowboy appreciates your, um, uh, well, uh, quesitions.

oh thank you much.  The picture is actually courtesy of Mike Smith & Mark Pixler of Dillion Precision, it was published in the Blue Press (in color).
"The difference between Idealism and Realism is directly porportional to the distance of the problem."

uncle double

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 10:43:03 PM »
I had no idea, but luckily did my part  1000 rnd .223 wolf 55gr, 500 rnds.223 wolf 62 gr, 1000 rnds 7.62x39 wolf, 1000 rnds .22LR aguila, 50 rnds .32 auro aguila, 15 rnds 8mm sniper? (for grins, shipping was free) and 4 ammo cans

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:18:27 AM »

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 06:35:30 AM »
Hmmm...that was yesterday. Can I buy 200 rounds today?

Oh, while I'm here...I vote "YES" on Squibby's pix as well. Are there more where that came from?
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 06:53:26 AM »
Does buying on Sunday at a gun show count?
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

kmbr45

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 04:00:45 PM »
I ordered 810 rounds from Natchez yesterday, so I did my part and then some.

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2007, 10:49:00 PM »
Couldn't afford to............. Can we schedule another one in a month?? ;D
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

CDR

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 11:15:02 PM »
OK, did my part......bought 1200 rounds of 45 ACP practice ammo from WalMart...a mixture of Blazer Brass and Winchester White Box.  $11.97 for 50 of the Blazer Brass and $28.98 for 100 of the Winchester....pretty good prices for 45 ACP......considering.
Winchester Ranger T .45ACP 230 gr.+P JHP.................................When you care enough to send the very best.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk