Author Topic: It's time to back our veterans with action!  (Read 1932 times)

dgray64

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
It's time to back our veterans with action!
« on: November 20, 2007, 10:22:47 PM »
I heard on the O'Reilly Factor tonight that the government (our government) is asking (demanding) that those people who got a sign-up bonus from the military, but who don't serve their entire term, must pay it back.  "Those People" include several soldiers who were wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan and who were medically discharged.  The case in point was a young man who lost an eye and had other wounds.  They want him to pay back $3000 for not serving the final 3 months of service.  That's outrageous!!  Contact your congressmen and the President.  I am.  I'm pissed!

Dave    >:(

azgunnut

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: It's time to back our veterans with action!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 08:48:40 PM »
I heard on the O'Reilly Factor tonight that the government (our government) is asking (demanding) that those people who got a sign-up bonus from the military, but who don't serve their entire term, must pay it back.  "Those People" include several soldiers who were wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan and who were medically discharged.  The case in point was a young man who lost an eye and had other wounds.  They want him to pay back $3000 for not serving the final 3 months of service.  That's outrageous!!  Contact your congressmen and the President.  I am.  I'm pissed!

I am with you all the way Dave.  Veterans, especially those in a combat zone, are paying the now due installment on our freedom.  If we don't support them, then, we are against them and freedom.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
Re: It's time to back our veterans with action!
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 09:40:01 PM »

Bill over-reacted on this one, so have a bunch of normally mild Congresspeople. Everyone calm down, take a deep breath. This is rapidly achieving urban legend status.

There have been a very few of these cases, and they are always a clerical error, not policy. A spokesman for the Pentagon yesterday was quoted as saying that anyone injured in the line of duty does categorically NOT have to repay their enlistment bonuses. One hotline set up for people to call in with these and related problems got a whopping two calls this year.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk