Author Topic: (Video) Ruger Rimfire Shooting Competitions  (Read 29796 times)

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
(Video) Ruger Rimfire Shooting Competitions
« on: October 18, 2009, 07:32:54 PM »

New video:

In this video, Michael Bane and Ruger’s Ken Jorgensen talk about Ruger Rimfire Shooting Competitions and the plans to expand it for 2010 with regional matches all over the US.

http://www.downrange.tv/blog/?p=873

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 872
Re: (Video) Ruger Rimfire Shooting Competitions
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 07:48:19 PM »
Thanks for the update!

Plus is I have the guns and the ammo!

Negative is I have the guns.

I'll just wait for dates and places, and then I'll go shoot  ;D
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

sanjuancb

• Top Forum Member
  • The years teach much which the days never knew.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 11:53:00 AM »
This looks like so much fun! Plus, I could actually afford to shoot it! 

Sounds like it is time to break out the Henry Golden Boy and show them how it is done!
"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 12:54:47 PM »
You can’t buy ammo in CA, ya can’t buy a lot of guns in CA, very hard to get a CCW in CA. In general CA does NOT like the 2A or us gunners but we keep spending money in CA!

Does anyone else see this as self defeating? That foot is NEVER gonna heal if we keep shooting it!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Comment of the day award!
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 12:58:38 PM »
You can’t buy ammo in CA, ya can’t buy a lot of guns in CA, very hard to get a CCW in CA. In general CA does NOT like the 2A or us gunners but we keep spending money in CA!

Does anyone else see this as self defeating? That foot is NEVER gonna heal if we keep shooting it!

Comment of the day award!

Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:36:55 AM »

Taipan

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 01:06:11 PM »
I can't wait to try one.

+1 for taking the Championships out of CA.

Whittington Center would be a nice venue.  ;D

Rob10ring

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 08:01:54 PM »
If you take all of the guns and gun events out of California, you give our antis exactly want they want. We need to consistently rub guns and gun owners in their faces, so they see us as something that won't disappear. Events like this reinforce the idea that gunnys are just people and not dangerous. It also is a fantastic opportunity to recruit new shooters and with rimfire, we can especially work on new women shooters. Once we get enough women to shoot, the antis will have a smaller audience.

We have a couple of big Sheriff's races coming up in next year's elections - at least in southern California. They could be huge for the pro-gun movement and will take a huge chunk of wind out of the anti sails.

For the time being, we need to convince the general public in our State that gun owners are positive members of society.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2009, 08:04:54 PM »
Sorry, not one more penny should be spent in that state.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 872
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2009, 08:15:48 PM »
I'm torn between taking my guns into the state and rubbing it in their faces refusing to support their economy while they try and limit my Rights. 

As of right now I feel that I should use the same tactic I use with businesses that ban guns:  I will make a point to let them know I was willing to spend money with them, but since they don't want me to I will not.  I will not support their economy, and everytime I do not I will let every business I would have supported know they lost a sale (the range or organization I wanted to visit, the motel I would have stayed at, the airline I normally use, the rental car company and a few eating establishments).

That is my plan as of now.  Now I will wait for a match to not register for and start the letter writing campaign.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Rob10ring

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2009, 08:44:22 PM »
You could come and only spend money at motels/hotels and restaurants that normally support your gun rights nationwide and make sure that the others don't get your money. We need companies to realize that they may be dependent on gun owners spending their money. Today, my 5 year old asked why we couldn't buy a Sara Lee product and didn't understand that answer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk