Author Topic: Interesting news from Tactical Wire  (Read 16578 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Re: Interesting news from Tactical Wire
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2009, 09:52:24 AM »
They behead our soldiers and civilian contractors, and plaster videos of it all over the Internet, but God help us if we shoot one of their towel heads with a hollow point. Total insanity! We are being played for buffoons on the battlefield by not only our enemies, but by a sitting President who needs forever to decide to give what his top General asks him for. Bill T.

Badgersmilk

« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2009, 10:02:14 AM »
Galil's are a fine option to.  And proof Israelies are on the ball when it comes to making great weapons and training troops (though I think it should have a left side charging handle)!  And the one ugly fact of the AK design is that it just doesn't lend itself to great long range accuracy (even Dragunov's were never all THAT impressive  :().

Also, of primary importance.  Our government is to proud to adopt another countries weapon (proud: read as "STUPID, BULL HEADED, ARROGANT").  We will require a completely new platform, or nothing at all.  ::)

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 81
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2009, 10:36:25 AM »
Laws of War :

Declaration on the Use of Bullets Which Expand or Flatten Easily in the Human Body; July 29, 1899
The present Declaration is only binding for the Contracting Powers in the case of a war between two or more of them.

It shall cease to be binding from the time when, in a war between the Contracting Parties, one of the belligerents is joined by a non-Contracting Power.

Seems to me the Taliban and so-called insurgents are not one of the Contracting Powers, and therefore whacking the little towel-heads with JHPs is right in line with the agreement.

And if you want to argue (I'm looking at you FQ) that Iraq or Afghanistan are Contracting Powers, the next paragraph pretty much releases us from our obligations.

Has anyone seen any analysis on wounds our guys have received to determine whether the other side is playing by these rules?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Timothy

« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2009, 10:39:33 AM »
I was wonder when someone was going to pick up on that sentence.  Well done Path!

No one I know of plays by the rules!  We no longer line up 1000 troops and trade volleys at the opposing force.  We haven't done that since we kicked the British out of here...

Change the rules, blow the little shits to Kingdom come!

ratcatcher55

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2009, 10:55:18 AM »
The logistics chain is barely able to supply the current ammo demand. Where are 5-6 billion rounds of JHP coming from?

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 04:44:13 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2009, 10:58:34 AM »
 As I see it, the one imperfection that makes the AR a better choice than ANY of the current production rifle/carbine/long guns mentioned is the drop free magazines. If I'm fighting for my life and run dry I DO NOT want to be juggling rifle, empty mag and full mag while I try to "rock" one out and the other in, (keeping track of which is which) while also holding onto my rifle and working the mag release. I want to hit the button and slap in a new mag slap the bottom, hit the bolt release and back to fighting.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2009, 11:33:12 AM »
And if you want to argue (I'm looking at you FQ) that Iraq or Afghanistan are Contracting Powers, the next paragraph pretty much releases us from our obligations.

H
You're looking in the wrong place Path. The Hague and Grneva conventions are mutually reciprocal contracts that simply say do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Useful and nice, but they are not some sort of binding moral document, merely quid pro quo. If the other side does not honor their obligations, or never signed the treaties, or continually flouts the laws of war by not wearing uniforms, hiding amongst civilieans or targeting them, the only rule of war is rule #1, don't lose.
FQ13

tombogan03884

« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2009, 11:47:13 AM »
 Here's another thing about those conventions.
They only apply to STATES (country's if you will ) We have not been fighting a "Nation since April of 03 when Iraq collapsed.
They DO NOT apply to NON state organizations such s Al Queda, even if they DID abide by them we would not be required to do so.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2009, 12:22:35 PM »
The only rule of war is rule #1, don't lose.
FQ13

+1 !

1,) The United States should immediately drop out of the U.N.

2,) Reclaim the U.N. building by giving them 60 days to leave.

3,) Turn the building into an arms bazaar. Everything in one location. Guns, ammunition, reloading equipment and components. Allow Dillon, Hornady, RCBS, etc. free rent to help promote and create new jobs. Keep all bullets and assorted heavy materials on the lower floors.

4,) Close GITMO, march all the prisoners out to the beach for immediate execution for war crimes against the United States. That solves that problem. Now there are no prisoners!

5,) Issue hollow point ammunition to all troops. (This ammo can also be stored in the U.N. building which will be renamed GITMO, Guns, Incendiaries, To Mutilate, Opponents.)

6,) Put Glen Beck and Oliver North in charge of this entire operation, with their salaries paid out of Hussein's "stimulus money". Problem solved!  Bill T.

Timothy

« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2009, 12:25:52 PM »
Bill,

Ya left out Unca Ted!  What's his new title gonna be!

+10000000

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk