Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Down Range Cafe / Re: More flashlights and stuff
« Last post by Big Frank on Today at 11:50:06 AM »
I just wait for stuff to go on sale then go nuts. :D  Olight had some new product announcements during the NRA annual meetings and all the new stuff was on sale including their new rechargeable red dot and green dot sights. I got an Olantern Stretch so I can quit lugging around the lantern I have with 2 fluorescent tubes and 2 6 volt lantern batteries. If you want the light to spread father, all you need to do is stretch it out.

https://www.olightstore.com/osight-3-moa-with-charging-cover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quDK8BZOV7Q

https://www.olightstore.com/olantern-stretch-camping-light

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SoahaZzB04
« Last post by alfsauve on Today at 09:13:55 AM »
Stop.  Just stop it.   You’re screwing with my purchase priority list so bad. 

Do like the multi tool with scissors.  That might bubble up in the next time I have spare dollar or two list.
Down Range Cafe / Re: Classic joke thread...
« Last post by Big Frank on Today at 02:06:00 AM »
An American Indian was ready to leave the blood drive site, when the nurse asked how he was doing. He told her he felt fine and asked if he could leave. She said sure, but I'm curious, are you full blooded Indian? He replied, he was. She said really, what percent? He told her about 90%. What is the other 10%, to which he replied mostly orange juice and cookies.

I still prefer the way the Deutsches Rotes Kreuz, Croix Rouge Allemande, German Red Cross did it. They take out 1 pint of blood and replace it with 1.06 pints of German beer, give you a grilled bratwurst on a bun, and I even got a souvenir stein, which I'll be mailing to my old friend, Sarge this week. The Germans take some of that nasty old blood out of your alcohol system, and help you get it back to a normal balance. ;D  And you will feel it drinking just 1/2 liter of beer when you're a pint low. Especially when the local beers are up to 7.5% alcohol. One bottle of that has more alcohol than 2 12 ounce cans of 5% beer. They gave me juice and cookies when I gave blood at work in Grand Blanc, and it sucked. I felt very ill both times and never donated again. When someone remarks about how pale white you look, instead of your normal color, that's bad.
Down Range Cafe / Re: Memorial Day
« Last post by Big Frank on Today at 01:24:53 AM »
Well, I still didn't do anything special to honor those who never made it back, but I talked to a veteran on the phone for the better part of 2 hours on Memorial Day.
« Last post by Big Frank on Today at 01:21:12 AM »
Here are my Olight Baton 3 Premium Edition with charger, Baton 3 Pro Desert Tan, Baton 3 Pro Roadster Edition, and Baton 3 Pro Max Brass Stonewash, which was limited to 5,000 worldwide. Those last 2 sold out already. They're 1,200 lumens, 1,500 lumens, and 2,500 lumens. Here's how much they all weigh. There was a limited edition Baton 3 Pro Max Desert Tan color made of Magnesium that was 1/2 ounce lighter than the aluminum versions, 4.73 ounces, and my brass one weighs 8.25 ounces. That's one heck of a difference. That's even worse than the difference between my i3T EOS Zirconium EDC Flashlight at 2.26 oz and the identical size i3T EOS Small Flashlight in aluminum at 1.45 oz and i3T EOS Carbon Fiber Flashlight at 1.46 oz. Those take 1 AAA battery.

The Baton 3 uses a 3.7V IMR16340 Rechargeable Lithium Battery, the same size as a CR123A or 123 battery. I found out one day 123 = 2/3 A. They're the same diameter as an A battery, not AA or AAA, but 2/3 the length and twice the voltage. 17 × 34.5mm instead of 17 x 50mm. The Baton 3 Pros use a 3200mAh 18650 Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery, and the Baton 3 Pro Max uses a 3.6V 5000mAh 21700 Rechargeable lithium-ion battery! It's my first flashlight to use a 21700 battery. The charger case will recharge the baton 3 3.7 times without being recharged. The brass flashlight (8.25 oz.) is heavier than the 2 regular size lights together (7.26 oz.), and it's a lot heavier than the little flashlight plus it's charger case (5.89 oz.). It's 0.88 ounces lighter than all 3 of the other flashlights combined. If it wasn't a limited edition and on sale I wouldn't have bought that heavy son-of-a-gun, but I don't plan on carrying it. It's hanging on an L-Stand on 1 side of the bed, and the Desert Tan 1 is hanging on the other side.

The Baton 3 Pro Max has a proximity sensor can dim the brightness automatically when the light is blocked by a nearby object to avoid overheating. If you want to turn off the proximity sensor temporarily or permanently it tells you how in the user manual. It has a shake awake feature for checking the battery level that none of my other flashlights have, and it helps you find the side switch in the dark since the battery indicator is right in the middle of the switch. It will run up to 60 days straight in the 1 lumen moonlight mode, and more than 5 hours on high (800 lumens). It has 5,295 candela with a beam distance of 475 ft (145 meters). If I remember I'll take it camping and have it right next to me in my tent. A double-click puts it on Turbo and a triple-click puts it on Strobe, even from the off position. If a bear tries coming in my tent, I'll be the last thing it sees for awhile. ;)
Down Range Cafe / Re: Classic joke thread...
« Last post by MikeBjerum on Yesterday at 12:51:10 PM »
An American Indian was ready to leave the blood drive site, when the nurse asked how he was doing. He told her he felt fine and asked if he could leave. She said sure, but I'm curious, are you full blooded Indian? He replied, he was. She said really, what percent? He told her about 90%. What is the other 10%, to which he replied mostly orange juice and cookies.
Down Range Cafe / Re: Memorial Day
« Last post by alfsauve on May 26, 2024, 03:27:25 PM »
PSA

Down Range Cafe / Memorial Day
« Last post by Big Frank on May 26, 2024, 03:18:34 PM »
To commemorate Memorial Day, I haven't done anything besides eat red, white and blue ice cream this weekend. :(  I think I can do better.
Down Range Cafe / Re: Range Carts
« Last post by Big Frank on May 26, 2024, 03:15:44 PM »
Add a motor and 2 wheels connected to the tiller, and I'll be ready to get one too.  :)
Down Range Cafe / Re: Range Carts
« Last post by alfsauve on May 26, 2024, 10:03:54 AM »
Love it.  Has the Dynamic Disc logo in the front but otherwise labeled Zuca.   Wish it had a few more hard points but I'm still playing with it.  My "fanny pack" is across the back for storing food and "stuff" as is the trauma kit.  A towel, gloves and the tourniquet are hanging from the handle with carabiners.  All I'm missing is a mount for an umbrella and a seat cushion.   I've reduced what I carry out to the range by more than half in volume and at about 33% savings in weight.

Talladega - World Speed Shoot here I come.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk