Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 188498 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1112
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #1220 on: November 05, 2023, 10:28:02 AM »
Cheesy pimento chicken and pasta with Parmesan cauliflower.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1221 on: November 05, 2023, 05:49:29 PM »
Walker's Pure Butter Shortbread Scottie Dogs, made in the heart of the Scottish Highlands. Containing only wheat flour, butter, sugar, and salt. Real ingredients, real simple, real good. And better than Danish Butter Cookies. I only eat those if someone gives them to me at Christmas, but Walker's shorties are good any time. Mini Mince Pies should be in the stores now for the holiday season. Walker's - the world's best shortbread for 125 years.

https://us.walkersshortbread.com/
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #1222 on: November 05, 2023, 06:50:45 PM »
I can second the Walkers.  Not bad...I buy it around Christmas for my mom.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1223 on: November 05, 2023, 08:04:00 PM »
Shortbread isn't the greatest thing, but on the rare occasions I buy it, I like the good stuff. I start a package loving it, and by the time I'm done, I'm more like, meh, that was okay. And I had a lemon drop candy since then. Just one.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #1224 on: November 06, 2023, 09:53:25 AM »
Shortbread isn't the greatest thing, but on the rare occasions I buy it, I like the good stuff. I start a package loving it, and by the time I'm done, I'm more like, meh, that was okay. And I had a lemon drop candy since then. Just one.

I'm the opposite....they start off meh and the more you eat the better they get.....got to acquire the taste for them...  ;D ;D

I really like the shortbread cookies when using them to take a swipe of leftover buttercream cake icing that my wife makes.  8)  8)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #1225 on: Today at 08:22:38 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1225 on: November 07, 2023, 02:10:29 PM »
I had 2 boneless pork chops and sauerkraut. The sauerkraut is German, but the pork was born, raised, and harvested right here in the USA. With no antibiotics, and no hormones or steroids added for growth. It was even raised crate-free during gestation, if that makes any difference. I like pork better than beef, and I think my mom likes it even more than I do. But she's 101 years old and still doesn't know how to fry a pork chop without it being hard and dry, instead of tender and juicy. Too bad you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1226 on: November 07, 2023, 07:25:15 PM »
Just got in from church..... having PB&J with diet Dr Pepper.....key lime cake to follow.  8)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1227 on: November 07, 2023, 09:31:39 PM »
That sounds good to me. Especially the cake. I haven't had dessert yet, just steak.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1228 on: November 08, 2023, 09:55:04 AM »
I like a good steak.

Good quality ribeyes around here are going for $25 a pound for choice and $34 a pound for prime..... so we don't eat a lot of steak. You can sometimes find decent ones in the $17 a pound range. I do like a good sirloin but you got to know what you're doing to cook them right so they aren't tough.

I tell you something that is also good and that's a Boston butt sliced into 2" thick slabs and then seared like a steak and finished on a smoker until slicing temp (185° internal). Slice it like a brisket. Dang good eatin'....  ;D

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #1229 on: November 08, 2023, 07:28:48 PM »
Meat is way too expensive right now.  Our cows had calves recently...one is a little bull soon to be a steer.  His name is Hamburger.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk