Author Topic: DRT Ammo  (Read 12458 times)

Sgt Z Squad

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: DRT Ammo
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2009, 11:57:10 PM »
The skipping rounds would obviously make a nasty wound, but my question would be whether sufficient penetration to be lethal occurred. I would have liked to see that test using the ballistic gelatin rather than the IDPA cardboard target.
But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. [Romans 5:8] ::)

SigShooter

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2009, 03:46:35 PM »
The skipping rounds would obviously make a nasty wound, but my question would be whether sufficient penetration to be lethal occurred. I would have liked to see that test using the ballistic gelatin rather than the IDPA cardboard target.

My guess is that it would not make a lethal wound if you skipped a round in the BG's foot. You'll make 'em bleed though, and that's always useful.

I also would be interested to see ballistic gelatin testing for the round that went through the car door and then hit the target. It clearly broke up throught the door and hit the target--but it may not have been a lethal hit.
From my cold dead hands...to my next of kin to further our rights.

Never to the government. They can buy their own.

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2009, 06:21:25 PM »
I was at Gander Mountian today and watched a guy pick up 6 boxes of DRT to purchase in 9mm. One box was $69.99. I could not believe my eyes.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2009, 09:23:17 AM »
Is this the same manufacturing principal that 12 Ga. "Breacher" rounds are made?  Bill T.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk