Author Topic: Seeking Advice On Double Tap Shooting Drills with .45ACP  (Read 12721 times)

brosometal

• Top Forum Member
  • Still a Grade A 1 smart donkey! DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Seeking Advice On Double Tap Shooting Drills with .45ACP
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2009, 10:24:59 PM »
I hope you do Timothy, I have "kin" folk 30 minutes North of Charlotte, in Mooresville. Private family farm, target shooting, big family farmhouse with a great wine cellar, and plenty of Southern Hospitality.

Me and at least 1 co-worker are driving up, in May, if I can drag the Haz out and catch Peg along the way, I'm driving.

Hope you can make it. I am looking forward to the NRA show, and a Rob session is possible.

I could be a second vehicle if somebody doesn't mind riding shottie in a rag top Jeep.
The person who has nothing for which his is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
- J.S. Mill

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2009, 10:53:38 PM »
Brosmetal said "riding shottie in a rag top Jeep". Rob Pincus did not know what I looked like when I showed up for Combat Focus Shooting in Indiana but knew what my Jeep looks like and walked up to me and addressed me. Got to respect a guy who pays attention to detail. Hope you guys get to meet up with him. He is the true alpha male and may come off as intimidating at first but becomes approachable and really gets your undivided attention to train you properly. I may sound like a broken record but his training is the best I have ever experienced for shooting a firearm. Static line (As I shot in the Military/LE experience) shooting is a joke compared to CFS/ICE Training.
And as for double taps, Rob nailed me for shooting tri-bursts. Fire until the threat is no longer a threat.

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2009, 11:18:55 PM »
TW, Mooresville, 5/10, plan to be there.

Rob is giving great advice on the reality of shooting for defense. But I'm not sure your getting your answer, Rob broadened the response quite a bit, and is exactly right in application, shoot until the threat is down ( Golden ), but how do you practice, and how do you evaluate, how you are doing, when applying the multiple shot on target concept, not to mention, getting out of the way at the same time, ( getting off the X ) ? Practice, and make sure you are getting a great grip, not a good grip when firing, and listen to fast shots, get a cadence in your mind, some may disagree,  but for practice, you need a goal ingrained in your mind, to get faster, you need a motivation, other than your need, a Cheetah chasing you is a lot of motivation, a bad guy is too. That experience will motivate you to the next level, that I think you want to come to ( in practice ). Practice is key, but with a goal, and good motivation. Dry fire, and live fire, but get it in your mind about how fast. A firm stance, grip, and application, will let you shoot fast and accurate, especially within 10 yrds... If you can watch the CFS stuff, by all means watch them.

Remember, once a level of experience and ability has been achieved, it sticks around, for a long time, even if you don't practice for a while, the body remembers what it used to do. You might not be able to win matches, but you will still be above average.
I know Rob will have a response to this and is welcome.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

david86440

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2009, 11:42:45 PM »
The point and shoot thread seems to be frozen, but this seems to fit here too.

I went to the range yesterday and practiced some point and shoot out of necessity, seems my vision has gotten a little worse so I couldn't see the sights anyway.

It was actually easier than I had imagined to make holes where I wanted them. I'd fire as soon as I "thought" I was back on target and my instincts were usually correct.

The big surprise was with my .22NAA mini-revolver. I found it was easier shooting it not trying to use the sights.

Don't get me wrong, we aren't talking tight groups here, but the shots were on the paper.

Rob Pincus

• CO-HOST ON BEST DEFENSE
  • Top Forum Member
    • I.C.E. Training Company
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2009, 11:26:43 PM »
M25,

I agree with everything except the inferred value placed on "dry fire" in regard to truly developing ones defensive ability.

David8,
The other thread was closed because it wasn't on topic anymore.

-RJP

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 06:15:31 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk