Author Topic: A question for the Glockophiles  (Read 16342 times)

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: A question for the Glockophiles
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2011, 06:57:14 PM »
The signature is correct for a Glock, however the primers are flowing too much back into the breechface, especially the winchester case appears to have unlocked a little early and wiped the nickel off of the primer and exposed the brass. I would say the ammo is a little hot for the application. This does happen a lot with the .40, high pressure and as much as I love Glocks, I no longer own a .40 except for a Kahr that just shoots too good. My Glock 20 in 10mm does not do this, except with my reloads that are well above saami spec.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

BAC

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2011, 09:13:59 PM »
The signature is correct for a Glock, however the primers are flowing too much back into the breechface, especially the winchester case appears to have unlocked a little early and wiped the nickel off of the primer and exposed the brass. I would say the ammo is a little hot for the application. This does happen a lot with the .40, high pressure and as much as I love Glocks, I no longer own a .40 except for a Kahr that just shoots too good. My Glock 20 in 10mm does not do this, except with my reloads that are well above saami spec.

Not to worry, though, right?   :-\

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2011, 10:21:07 PM »
Probably not, but I might try some different ammo, I don't like how much the primer flows into the hole, but chances are your fine with new production, factory ammo. If it were reloads I would definitely back off on the powder charge.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2011, 11:07:43 PM »
Probably not, but I might try some different ammo, I don't like how much the primer flows into the hole, but chances are your fine with new production, factory ammo. If it were reloads I would definitely back off on the powder charge.
And "MASTER" Gaston says not to use reloads. Normally, I pay these warnings about as much attention as I do a no gun zone, Yet and still, I've never fed my Glocks a reload and 20 odd years later, I can count my failures with both shoes still on. The Glock is designed for one purpose and one pupose only. It will kill a man from three feet to to thirty yards. Point, click, repeat as necessary. It is not a sporting, artistic or hunting pistol. Its an ugly bit of plastic designed to do an ugly job. My advice BAC, is to practice enough that you can empty a mag into two dessert plates at seven yards inside of ten seconds. Good luck.
FQ13

BAC

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2011, 11:16:59 PM »

It was Federal 180 gr. FMJ FN and Remington HD 180 gr. BJHP.  The Federal was bought for a great price.  I don't reload but have been saving brass in hopes that one day I will.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 06:47:41 AM »

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2011, 11:52:04 PM »
It was Federal 180 gr. FMJ FN and Remington HD 180 gr. BJHP.  The Federal was bought for a great price.  I don't reload but have been saving brass in hopes that one day I will.
Do not reload for your Glock! Gaston asks two things of you. One, not to use lead bullets., Two, not to use reloads. In return, you get an indestructible minute of bad guy pistol that needs to be cleaned every other year and one that  won't break even if you  want it to. Its not a match gun, and you need to shoot factory JHPs or hard ball out of it. Accept these two limitations and you have perfection (perfection defined as always going bang and putting 5 in a 4" circle inside  of 25 yards). Just my .02.
 Seriously BAC, I've been running Glocks for twenty years. They are boringly reliable. They aren't a match grade 1911 by any stretch, but they always go bang and will always put a mag inside of the the ugly bits of a silhouette as fast as I can pull the trigger. No Kool Aide, just a good solid tool that has yet to fail me (and for a reasonable price).
FQ13

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2011, 12:44:07 AM »
FQ, I don't mean to pick...

"MASTER" Gaston says not to use reloads.

As does any firearm manufacturer. Check out your owners manual for virtually any gun you own.

Its not a match gun

There are many Glock shooters that will take your money if you believe that. Bullseye...yeah, probably. Unless it's been tweaked, then all bets are off.
Run and gun? Not if you shoot Glocks a lot.

The best way to get really good at shooting Glocks? Shoot only Glocks.
Get married to that trigger and you can shoot very, very well.

Yes, I dearly love my 1911s, Smith & Wessons and my Sigs...I carry my Glock.  ;)
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1060
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2011, 07:49:37 AM »

As does any firearm manufacturer. Check out your owners manual for virtually any gun you own.

Yep.

But how many of us ever read the manual?  ;D  ;D  ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2011, 08:03:51 AM »
Yep.

Ok, I reached down, found that my wedding tackle was still intact, and so I can confidently say that I will read the manual right after I ask for directions while driving. :-[ ;D
FQ12

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2011, 11:27:16 AM »
Yep.

I read them but as FQ said, the don't reload part goes out the window.
The first box out of a new rifle will be factory just in case it goes kaboom in the wrong way, but after that all rifles get a steady diet of reloads.

I don't reload for my Glocks. Neither of my Glocks bulge the case on firing that my calipers can find but I don't have 40 dies. I am saving all those cases though.
40 ammo is so easy to fnd and I'm too lazy to reload anything but large magnum handgun ammo.
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk