Author Topic: A question for the Glockophiles  (Read 16430 times)

Conagher 45

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: A question for the Glockophiles
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2011, 09:10:03 PM »
What is the SF on Glock Models?   Short Frame ?  Please enlighten me.  :-\
There is room for all of God's creatures ....., That would be on my plate right next to the taters and gravy.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2011, 04:01:51 AM »
What is the SF on Glock Models?   Short Frame ?  Please enlighten me.  :-\

I'm not sure of the exact terminology the factory had in mind, but the term slim frame comes to mind pretty descriptively. The SF models have a thinner grip. It was first brought out in the Glock 21 which a lot of people with small hands had trouble with because of it's large, thick grip frame. The SF was thinner in the grip area in hoping to correct this problem, making the pistol appeal to more shooters.   Bill T.

Conagher 45

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2011, 08:02:40 PM »
Ok that is helpful, I only had a sip of the kool-aid, been thinking about buying a Glock 20.  ;D
There is room for all of God's creatures ....., That would be on my plate right next to the taters and gravy.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2011, 08:50:01 PM »
billt is correct the 21SF designation is for a "slimmer frame" than the standard 21, which I own, and affectionately call the the railroad tie with a grip.

Previous generations of "G" guns had no grip adjustments...it was as it is...

Now it seems they jumped on the M+P bandwagon, of which I also own,....and went small, med, large.... ::)

All is good, keep the price of 10mm in perspective if you plan on shooting alot.

If it's not an issue, I believe m25 also has a G20.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

tombogan03884

« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2011, 10:44:44 PM »
Ok that is helpful, I only had a sip of the kool-aid, been thinking about buying a Glock 20;D

I'm with you  ;D
Do they make a G-20 SF ?

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 04:59:34 PM »

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2011, 06:10:30 AM »
I'm with you  ;D
Do they make a G-20 SF ?

Not sure about the G20 SF, but if they make a Gen4 G20, the smallest grip configuration will be the same size as an SF grip.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Badgersmilk

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2011, 11:40:53 PM »
I'm with Badger here. I think Glock is screwing up by putting on bells and whistles and adjustable grips and finger grooves and the like. Look, what made a Glock a Glock was not its ergonomics. That wasn't even a selling point. It sold on four criteria:
It held a lot of bullets
It always went bang
It was idiot proof
They were completly interchangeable as far as mags in same caliber went.
And it did all four of these things a a reasonable price.
The whole adjustability thing seems to add unecessary expense and under cut the whole "idiot proof" because there is nothing to screw up selling point. Not to mention interchangeability for department sales. If you want a gun you can mess with get an M@P or a 1911. If you want to open the box and shoot it, and clean it twice a year, get a Glock.
FQ13

Badgersmilk

« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2011, 12:37:47 AM »

Come on in boys, the Tenifer flavored Kool Aids fine!   ;D

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2011, 02:08:44 AM »
Speaking of $5 off, for any of you Glockaholics out there. Midway has 17 round Glock 9 MM magazines, as well as the original factory Glock 33 rounders on sale. $22.49 for the 17 round, and $31.99 for the 33 rounder. They have a limit of 2 per customer for the 33 rounder, but that is as good of a price as I've ever seen on original Glock 33 round magazines. It is cheaper than what Cabela's charges for the 33 round Korean knock off models. Lenny Magill over at The Glock Store charges $49.95 for the same magazine.

It's all over the news Hussein is planning some sweeping gun control measures. Maybe he will, or maybe he won't. The point is even if he's just bluffing, it will send people into much the same frenzy it did after he was elected. If he bans Hi-Cap magazines by Executive order, which he could, these will be gone forever. It's a chance to pick up a couple of original Glock Hi-Caps for little more than a tank of gas. If you're worried about shipping, these are small and light enough to go USPS Priority Mail direct to your mailbox cheaper than UPS. I've got 2 of each on the way. They should be here Monday.  Bill T.

http://glockstore.com/pgroup_descrip/3_Mags+%26amp%3B+Extensions/7272_High+Capacity+Glock+Factory+Magazines/?return=%3ftpl%3Dindex%26category_id%3D3%26_Mags%2B%26amp%3B%2BExtensions%2F

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=538434

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=116453

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk