Author Topic: The Road to Exeter (Sig P365 Competition)  (Read 12551 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: The Road to Exeter (Sig P365 Competition)
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2021, 11:22:26 AM »
Oh how do I hate airports, let me count the ways:

• There are no direct flights from ATL to Manchester which add hours to the trip
  • The cost is generally more to fly to Manchester than to Portland
  • The difference is a mere 34 miles to the hotel
  • That's over twice the distance around ATL on I285 (ask Pascal Perez)
  • I have family in Gorham, ME
  • I would like to enjoy the local cuisine and sights as much as possible, thinking late lunch in Kennebunk
  • Sometimes it's more about the trip than just seeing how fast you can get to the destination
  • I've been to Portland PWM and enjoyed my experience. 
  • )Gun wise I have an aversion to anything labeled Boston for traveling.  Mental problem I know.
  • I don't have to actually stay in Exeter/Epping Wednesday night.   I might want to stay on the coast. or with family
  • Prices on rentals/Uber are already starting to come down

All these reason are why I love general aviation.  Just wish it was not crazy expensive. 

Most planes have a simlar mpg to a suv/ truck. Its just $5/ gal for 100 ll that hurts and the cost of the aircraft.   I am thinking very hard about building a plane starting next year
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 457
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2021, 12:54:12 PM »
TO DO:

• Buy P365   < ---- traded in Shield
  • Buy extra mags
  • Register for slot/squad  <----- squad 32 Friday
  • Break gun return to SIG  <---- bad sear, returned 4/23
  • Procure ammo  <----  500rds of AE Syntech let over from LoCap
  • Practice   <-- 735 Total - 1 IDPA Match
  • Make travel plans   <---going solo, airline booked, hotel booked
  • Go
  • Shoot
  • Collect awards  ;)

Did my first IDPA match with the P365.  Placed about the same as with revolver.  Could have done better but kept forgetting that the mags don't drop as easily in an EDC gun as with a competition gun.  I'll work on smoothing out that process.  Since this is a "stock" division I can't add change the mag release.   But it's not just the release button, it's that given the small grip the base of the hand blocks the mag from falling.  I wonder if I could devise a "prosthetic" to keep the base of my hand away from the grip at that one point.  Maybe a stack of dimes taped to the base of my hand?

Not directly related but this weekend I scored my highest USPSA classifier with a 72.5934% in revolver.  That's a high Class B and my second above 65%.  I just need one more over 60% to move up from C to B.  I'm starting to catch on to maximizing Hit Factor.  (Slow learner)

Trip note:  Miss Kitty has signed off on rental car, but still waiting for price to come down.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Timothy

« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2021, 05:27:48 PM »
Can you build up the back of the grip and hide the lump with grip tape?  Might change the grip angle a tad.

tombogan03884

« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2021, 06:03:25 PM »
Rather than wait for prices to drop, they  won't.
Look for a promotion or deal.
Isn't that what Orbitz and all those annoying ad people are for ?
The earlier the better, as tourist season goes on you might not not get one.
I won't accuse them of calling around, but the 2nd place you go will KNOW.   ;D

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2021, 06:09:22 PM »
Can you build up the back of the grip and hide the lump with grip tape?  Might change the grip angle a tad.

It's the right lower side of the grip that the hand touches.  Sig has only said no mods.  If they allow grip tape, no problem, just a strip around the base with a "bump" on the right side.  If not then I might have to get creative with a hand bandage.
Will work for ammo

Sponsor

« Reply #65 on: Today at 09:32:36 PM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2021, 09:15:03 PM »
I was laid off from MCI in 2001. The assets ended up, after bankruptcy, with Verizon.  This included corporate agreements like National Car Rental discount contract.  For 20 years National  has kept me on the Verizon Employee rate list and I've received some very good rental deals.  Guess what?  I was finally dropped last month just when I needed it.  My Emerald account is totally gone and my frequent renter credits gone.   I'm referring to it as Bernie Ebbers's final twist of the knife.  Of course the real quilty parties are the MCI exec's and Directors who sold us out to Worldcom. 
Will work for ammo

tombogan03884

« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2021, 08:29:03 AM »
Doesn't Hertz have a deal for NRA ?

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2021, 07:47:19 AM »
<snip>
Traffic into NH was pretty light this am going home, not bad at all for 8 am traffic.

How could you notice?  At it's widest I still drive further just to go get a hamburger and get back home. 

I'm just sayin'....

;D
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tombogan03884

« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2021, 08:19:07 AM »
How could you notice?  At it's widest I still drive further just to go get a hamburger and get back home. 

I'm just sayin'....

;D

Cause the Massholes are bumper to bumper on one side of the highway or the other.
My preference is SOUTH BOUND.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2021, 09:28:15 AM »
TO DO:

• Buy P365   < ---- traded in Shield
  • Buy extra mags
  • Register for slot/squad  <----- squad 32 Friday
  • Break gun return to SIG  <---- bad sear, returned 4/23
  • Procure ammo  <----  500rds of AE Syntech let over from LoCap
  • Practice   <-- 821 Total - 2 IDPA, 1 USPSA Matches
  • Make travel plans   <---going solo, airline booked, hotel booked
  • Go
  • Shoot
  • Collect awards  ;)

Working flawlessly still.  Am getting better at mag changes.  Even did the 5x5 IDPA classifier(CCP) in 29.53 seconds.  Sadly I was down 6 so final 35.53.  Interestingly, I did better with each string of fire.   Lost 4 points on the first (5 shots freestyle), 2 points down on the second (5 shots strong hand), but zero down on strings 3 & 4.  (5-reload-5 and 4-body-1-head)

I see they have some details on the Thursday "Class" at Sig.   It's a Competition Skill Builder class lead by Lena Miculek and Shannon Smith.  $700.  This trip is expensive enough so I'll pass.   I can probably find most of their "tips" on-line anyway. 

This week  I'm back to revolver (929) for the indoor league because we're doing USPSA and there is a Classifier.  I only need 60.222% to bump to B class.  This weekend I'm shooting my second Steel Challenge and for a break am doing RF Pistol Iron sights. 

Will work for ammo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk