Author Topic: Classic joke thread...  (Read 1370042 times)

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Classic joke thread...
« Reply #4670 on: January 08, 2014, 07:27:45 PM »
I can relate to that!

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #4671 on: January 09, 2014, 09:54:11 AM »
Now, that is interesting...

but one question.  Do you have a system for finding your way home that usually works?

Thanks.    ;D ;D ;D
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #4672 on: January 09, 2014, 09:56:36 AM »
Now, that is interesting...

but one question.  Do you have a system for finding your way home that usually works?

Thanks.    ;D ;D ;D

My mommy, I mean wife, has sewn my name and address in my underware and pinned an if found note to my collar.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4673 on: January 09, 2014, 09:58:32 AM »
My mommy, I mean wife, has sewn my name and address in my underware and pinned an if found note to my collar.

How many of you are of the age or locality to remember the old school days when mothers pinned notes to their children's coats or shirts?

And, how many of you wonder in your older years why mom always used a straight pin rather than a safety pin?
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4674 on: January 09, 2014, 10:03:37 AM »

That is a super idea..it should work for me too.

Do you think she would mind sewing my name and address in your underwear too?
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Sponsor

« Reply #4675 on: Today at 10:55:07 AM »

lhprop1

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4675 on: January 09, 2014, 11:53:09 AM »
I'm still in the "damn kids" phase where I shake my fist and use unkind words to describe today's 'yoots' whom I can't even begin to understand, with their fancy internet phones and their disco music and such.

I'm only 38. 
Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous.  So are cowardice and intelligence.

"We Americans have been a rebellious band of freedom loving vagabonds from the very beginning. Our freedom from the crown and tyranny would not exist had it not been for the gun. That's a tradition we like to hold on to.  The same can't be said for the rest of you 'Subjects of the Queen'."--said to a Canadian friend who just doesn't get it.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4676 on: January 09, 2014, 01:36:52 PM »
I'm still in the "damn kids" phase where I shake my fist and use unkind words to describe today's 'yoots' whom I can't even begin to understand, with their fancy internet phones and their disco music and such.

I'm only 38.

Ahhh...you are grouchy beyond  your years =)
—Patrick Henry

— Daniel Webster

lhprop1

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4677 on: January 09, 2014, 02:26:31 PM »
Ahhh...you are grouchy beyond  your years =)

My wife always says that I'm a grumpy old man stuck in a young man's body. 
Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous.  So are cowardice and intelligence.

"We Americans have been a rebellious band of freedom loving vagabonds from the very beginning. Our freedom from the crown and tyranny would not exist had it not been for the gun. That's a tradition we like to hold on to.  The same can't be said for the rest of you 'Subjects of the Queen'."--said to a Canadian friend who just doesn't get it.

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4678 on: January 09, 2014, 05:20:55 PM »
Don't need a note pinned to my shorts......I use breadcrumbs to find my way home!

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4679 on: January 09, 2014, 10:19:10 PM »
Don't need a note pinned to my shorts......I use breadcrumbs to find my way home!

Richard

Don't look now, but M'ette's flying monkeys have been eating stray bread crumbs.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk