Author Topic: Smoke'em if ya got'em...ammo availability  (Read 130169 times)

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1448
Re: Smoke'em if ya got'em...ammo availability
« Reply #450 on: May 13, 2021, 11:43:49 AM »
Or hell, these days you can trade them for a new truck!
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #451 on: May 13, 2021, 11:50:46 AM »
Monday I scored 2 flats of Winchester AA Trap Loads at Wal-Mart. Someone pushed a cart full of ammo out of the back, and just left it there. So I grabbed both of them. No one was around. I didn't know if she would ring them up, but she did. I got so excited I had to remember what the hell I went in there for. (Bar & Chain oil).

tombogan03884

« Reply #452 on: May 13, 2021, 11:51:01 AM »
I was at a gun show this weekend and saw .22 rimfire for $150.00 for a 500 round brick.I don't know if they sold any of it,But I sure as hell wasn't going to pay that much.I have a small fortune in my ammo locker at those prices.

I bet they sold ALL of it.
If you REALLY want to show off your wealth, Put a box of 9MM through a sheet of plywood.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #453 on: May 13, 2021, 12:53:59 PM »
If you REALLY want to show off your wealth, Put a box of 9MM through a sheet of plywood.

I'm stealing that!  ;D

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #454 on: May 13, 2021, 01:22:44 PM »
I got a call from a friends widow the other day, she had some stuff of his that she wanted to give to me to do with as I please, among the contents was a case(1000) Federal 209
shotgun primers and 500 Federal Large pistol primers. Now I just have to find some Red Dot and wads and I'll be set to load some more 12 gauge CAS Loads.

"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Sponsor

« Reply #455 on: Today at 05:49:13 PM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 458
« Reply #455 on: May 13, 2021, 02:18:13 PM »
SO THERE I WAS.   There I was.

The Beretta 2021 LOCAP USPSA Nationals presented by Federal  (Want to guess how many times we heard that?  20 to be exact.)

I opted for the Match Certified ammo, just so I could buy 1,000 rounds of it.  Federal Syntech AP 150gr.  I had never used it before.  But now I was committed to shooting it.  I knew a) It would probably work flawlessly.  I mean it's Federal's good stuff designed specifically for compeititon.  b) It wouldn't make power factor.   c)  I had no idea where my Point of Impact was going to be.

First shots were at 9am and I was on bay C2.   Warm up range was  on A5, 1/4 mile away, and guess what?   No shooting before...   guess...   9am.  I went into the first stage cold with new ammo.   a)  It shot flawlessly.   b) It was light shooting and by the skin of my teeth I mad PF on the last test shot (#7)  (125.05).  Of course had it not then the MD would have give me a wavier.  c) Pretty much went where my reloaded 147gr rounds went.

AND I HAVE 500+ ROUNDS LEFT OVER.     Bwahh-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha. 

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #456 on: May 13, 2021, 04:30:50 PM »
for .22lr in the $.09 range... go directly to the corporate sites.... CCI, Federal, and Killough Shooting (Eley)... check as early as possible... I ordered some Federal Champion for .09, and with $150 order shipped free, but they did charge sales tax... around 10cents out the door ...

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #457 on: May 13, 2021, 06:55:32 PM »
Or hell, these days you can trade them for a new truck!

Have you seen how both Ford and  Chevy have thousands of trucks sitting waiting on chips?
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #459 on: May 14, 2021, 10:57:33 AM »
Seems like Magtech is coming back.
I've seen some for UNDER $1 a round on some of the  sites.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk