Author Topic: Where ya from?  (Read 113041 times)

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Where ya from?
« Reply #240 on: December 19, 2011, 01:57:32 PM »
Tom... got complimentary copies of his Willie Nelson, Hank Jr., and Bill Wilson books, but after he moved out west, would see him only at SHOT show, and a couple of times at the Chevy Team Challenge...but nothing of his later publications... tried to get him to do something with 3 gun... what I now enjoy

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #241 on: December 19, 2011, 02:05:31 PM »
Joe.....started teaching full time 1981 (intro chemistry and physics, and chem 1), I think most of my kids enjoyed my class.... did a lot of hands on labs... the area has really changed in the last 30+ years

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #242 on: December 19, 2011, 07:03:27 PM »
Every time I went back to an area I'd lived in, if there were trees there when I left, it look very different when I came back..
I sure do miss the oranges.. Driving on 19 is another story..
God bless and Merry Christmas!!
Joe
With friends like these, who needs hallucinations!..

THE CORONER

• SHOOT STRAIGHT, SHOOT OFTEN, AND PROTECT YOUR RIGHT TO SHARE YOUR SPORT WITH THE FUTURE GENERATIONS.
  • Very Active Forum Member
  • DARKWATER FIREARMS AT WILLOW POINT
  • Liked:
« Reply #243 on: December 28, 2011, 08:59:38 PM »
born in New London, Ohio, transplanted to New Port Richey, Fla in 1955 due to Grandpa's health,...Univ of Fla, USAFSS (202),retired high school science teacher, been shooting since late 70s.. IHMSA Metalic Silhouette, IPSC since 82 (L747), Sportsman's Team Chllenge 4 years, North Carolina Tactical 3 gun 5 years, FB3G 6 years...knew MB before his hair turned white... damn I'm old
I was born in Sandusky Les, but I grew up living in North Fairfield, and Greenwich.  We were neighbors!!!
CORONER - SAVAGE 350 SECURITY 12 GA. SHOTGUN
TOETAGGER - WINCHESTER MODEL 94, .30-30
VINDICATOR - RUGER LCP .380 ACP
WIDOWMAKER - RUGER SINGLE SUPER SIX 3-SCREW .22
PLINKALOTER - HERITAGE ROUGH RIDER .22 COMBO 6.5" BRL
BUCKEYE FIREARMS MEMBER
NRA MEMBER

"Governments don't live together, people live together.  With governments you don't always get a fair word or a fair fight.  Well, I've come to give you either one.  Or get either one from you."  Josie Wales

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #244 on: December 28, 2011, 09:44:03 PM »
Coroner... Elton Snyder , Dad's cousin lived in Greenwich, across from the high school

Sponsor

« Reply #245 on: Today at 02:23:52 PM »

THE CORONER

• SHOOT STRAIGHT, SHOOT OFTEN, AND PROTECT YOUR RIGHT TO SHARE YOUR SPORT WITH THE FUTURE GENERATIONS.
  • Liked:
« Reply #245 on: December 28, 2011, 10:52:12 PM »
Since I've moved from the time I started this thread.....2 years ago!!!  WOW!  Hard to believe it's been that long since I've been one here? 

Well....we didn't move to a warmer climate :(  We bought a nice ranch with public hunting/fishing behind us, and across the street.  It's called Willow Point Marsh.  We're right up on the Sandusky Bay now.  The mailing address is Vickery, Ohio; but we call WhitesLanding (unincorporated village) home.  Even though we're a mile from there as well. 

While I've always been a country boy...farming, hunting, fishing, arrowhead hunting, etc...  and I'm not too much afraid of anything other than spiders (don't know why?)...this marsh is home to a few different species of snakes.  Particularly, rat snakes; have claimed residency in a built-on addition to the rear of my shop.  This addition has a raised wooden floor, unlike my concrete floor in the shop.  Since the building is steel frame/steel siding, I get these unwelcome slithering pest in the shop part once in awhile.  Especially their sheds.  The sheds I'm finding are in the 3 ft. range.  And I would say they were as big around as the handheld end of a cue stick.  I did some research on them, and they are non poisioness constrictors.  They feed on moles, mice, rats, and probably bugs? 

And I read some of the comments about the mosquitos in Texas, Georgia, and other places....well, I think the sqeeters out here at Willow Point Marsh may attack, kill, and devour a grown man before day break?  I'm not kidding!  When you get bit by that first one, you don't walk into the house and shut the door up tight behind you.  No, you run screaming!  lol!!!

But I love it here!  I have blue heron and bald eagles flying over the house all the time when we're out swimming in the backyard pool.  Now that is cool as hell!  I live in an area where people like to "live, and let live" so I can enjoy shooting out in my backyard.  Driving my side by side atv down the edge of the road or ditches, where ever I want to.  People look out to the road and give me a wave as I drive by.

Up until recently, I've been a truck driver for over 16 years.  I too have traveled in many states.  I noticed there are some folks from the Shennandoah Valley area of Virginia.  God bent over and kissed the earth there.  It's one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen from the seat of a truck.  Washington state would be right up there too, if it didn't rain 360 days out of a year!  I think there are several places I could see myself living at, but I'm not moving again.  I'm getting too old for that shit!  Thanks for making my post topic so much fun.  And it's nice to know where my gun loving friends are from in the world!
BUCKEYE FIREARMS MEMBER
NRA MEMBER

"Governments don't live together, people live together.  With governments you don't always get a fair word or a fair fight.  Well, I've come to give you either one.  Or get either one from you."  Josie Wales

THE CORONER

• Liked:
« Reply #246 on: December 28, 2011, 11:04:21 PM »
Coroner... Elton Snyder , Dad's cousin lived in Greenwich, across from the high school

Must have been after my time there Les?  I haven't lived down there since 88'?  I might know him, if I'd seen him?
BUCKEYE FIREARMS MEMBER
NRA MEMBER

Roscoe.357

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #247 on: January 21, 2012, 05:27:27 PM »
I'm an Army brat, so I grew up all over the country (Washington state, Texas, Georgia, Michigan, Oklahoma) and spent some time in Germany. We settled in Oklahoma when my dad got in the Reserves. The past few years, I've worked in Ohio, Kansas, North Dakota and Montana.
"The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries."
Pres. Barack Hussein Obama

"We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad."
Pres. Barack Hussein Obama

''In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died - an entire town destroyed.''
Pres. Barack Hussein Obama commenting on Kansas tornado that killed 12 people.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #248 on: January 21, 2012, 05:31:29 PM »
Well, I guess all of us can say  "Welcome to the Forum, Homie."   ;D ;D ;D
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

76project

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #249 on: January 25, 2012, 09:52:24 PM »
Minnesota, tired of the cold already.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk