Author Topic: Where ya from?  (Read 112936 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Re: Where ya from?
« Reply #260 on: September 17, 2012, 06:09:56 PM »
I'm a member of the 17th native born generation of my family.  Members of my family have fought, bled and died in every conflict this nation has been in, since before it was a nation.  Montgomery Co. MD, to Wilkes Co. NC, to Lawrence Co. KY, to Greene Co. OH.  This is where the old man run outta money, baloney, and gas, on the way to Detroit in 1953.

Welcome, FBG..... glad to have you amongst us.

*I lived in Wilkes County, NC (North Wilkesboro to be exact) for a couple of years in the mid-70's.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

LOBO

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #261 on: November 14, 2012, 02:21:33 AM »
Back in the day my folks came from Wales, Scottland, and Ireland.  They hit the shores in the Carolinas, and made their way down to Mississippi.  This is also where I have resided all of my life (thankfully!).

Jrlobo

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #262 on: November 14, 2012, 08:11:51 PM »
Born in Charleroi, PA
Now live in Middletown, MD
Father stationed in MD in the 50's so grew up hunting and fishing here.
I was stationed in MD during Army stint; converted in job to civilian status. Been here nearly ever since (between overseas tours).
MD used to have decent hunting and fishing, much of that is gone, however. But deer are more plentiful.
Bought land near Middletown in 1980 and built the house. I liked the rural area and country folk. Son went to school here, graduated college, married, has one daughter and has a job in the state. So we stay to be near our son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter. Political climate here sucks big time, taxes are 4th worst in the nation and area culture is becoming dominated by metropolitan Baltimore and the D.C. suburbs. When they try to force street lights, city water/sewage and sidewalks on us, we will escape.
Lobo

"Often in error, never in doubt!"

darkpassenger

• Forum Member
  • A Virginian in Central Florida
  • Liked:
« Reply #263 on: March 11, 2013, 02:11:52 PM »
Born on the Eastern Shore of Virginia, that strip of land that separates the Chesapeake bay from the ocean: it puts the Va in DelMarVa. Father's people from Cambridge and Andrews Md, mother's from just down route 13 in Accomack county Va. Now living in central Florida with my ladylove these past 11 years.
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Strider

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #264 on: March 13, 2013, 11:26:28 PM »
Arizona here. Have lived all over but grew up in Fla and lived in Minn for 15 years. Now ya know why I am in Az.
Semper Fi

Sponsor

« Reply #265 on: Today at 05:04:57 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #265 on: March 19, 2013, 01:31:46 PM »
Bend or as of today....  Don't know how long that will last.  :)
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #266 on: March 19, 2013, 01:47:42 PM »
So you took our advice  and got bent ?  ;D

Cattledog

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #267 on: June 18, 2013, 08:03:46 PM »
Born in Western Michigan while glaciers were carving the Great Lakes, Now living in Western NC south of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

Sean LeMasters

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #268 on: October 13, 2013, 05:51:39 PM »
Born and raised in north central Ohio, Ashland to be exact, about an hour south of Cleveland. Now me and The Wife (a Youngstown refugee) live in Wooster Ohio, almost 30 minutes due east of Ashland.

nmpops

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #269 on: October 14, 2013, 11:51:45 PM »
Born and raised in New Jersey though I have spent the majority of my life in New Mexico and since retirement in '06 I have lived in Arizona. Though tat will change soon as my wife and I are planning to become full time RVers next years. Can't wait!
Perception is Reality

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk