Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Happy Birthday's & Celebrations / Ranger Dave
« Last post by MikeBjerum on Today at 07:18:47 PM »
A silent lurker ...

Dave, I see you still pop in to check, but you don't talk to us ... SPEAK UP from time to time.

Happy Birthday Ranger Dave!  Hope you have a great one young man.
Down Range Cafe / Re: Stuff I worked on in the army.
« Last post by Big Frank on Today at 06:51:07 PM »
When I was outside working on my ATV I heard someone's mower suddenly stop like it hit an immovable object. I thought to myself, I recognize that sound. I'm familiar with stoppages. As as soon stoppages entered my mind, I thought about the M73/M219 machine guns and realized I never did finish this thread. It's weird how my mind works sometimes, but at least I finally remembered and will try to get around to posting more this weekend.
Reloading / Re: Latest 3D printer SIEVE project
« Last post by Big Frank on Today at 06:44:24 PM »
First I was tired. Then I was re-tired. And I'll be tired again later. And WORK is a 4-letter word.
« Last post by alfsauve on Today at 03:26:48 PM »
Oh Great Retired one, when are you going to start marketing your products for us who aren't into manufacturing?

Every now an then I get the urge to either sell products or produce a show, then I slap myself in the face and recover from the evil thought.  I always wonder why they call it RE-TIRED?  I'm guessing so many people forgot they were tired and tried to "do it one more time".

45% off sale. Offer ends tonight at 12PM EST. Offer not valid on custom orders. Only valid on Milspin.com. Not valid on our Amazon store.

https://milspin.com/
Down Range Cafe / Re: Smoke'em if ya got'em...ammo availability
« Last post by Big Frank on Today at 11:32:46 AM »
Factory 2nd's Remanufactured Subsonic 5.7x28mm 55gr FMJ (Bulk Packaged) $24.00 for 50 rounds, $240.00 for 500 at Detroit Ammo Co.  I don't know if that a good price for 5.7x28mm or not, but they have it.

https://detroitammoco.com/product/factory-2nd-s-remanufactured-subsonic-5-7x28mm-55gr-fmj
« Last post by Big Frank on Today at 11:16:12 AM »
The world of .45ACP reloaders hates that there are two different sizes brass.  However, we are split about 50/50 on which size it should be.  A lot would like to just have SPP so they only have to stock one size primer and not to have to change primer handling on their press when going from 9mm to .45.  The other half like the traditional LPP for .45ACP.   A few thinks there's a performance difference but can't document it.

There are a number of gotcha's in the specs. 

In most rimmed cases an undercut of the rim is allowed by not spec'd.      Also SAAMI doesn't spec the size of primer holes.

That may be the same reason some manufacturers us SPP in .45 ACP. And from a production standpoint, small one use less materials than large ones. Not much, but if you're making them by the millions, there has to be a cost savings there too.

One primer to rule them all!
That coconut shrimp ended up being dinner, not a late lunch, because it was the last thing I ate before I went to bed. I had 26 shrimp covered with mango chutney dipping sauce. It was one of the few things with mango in it I liked. To me, most mango flavored stuff tastes like peaches that have something wrong with them, like spoilage.

I just finished the first half of a Motor City Pizza Co. Three Meat Pizza, a thick, crispy crust topped with mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, bacon and sausage. Anyone who likes pepperoni pizza should love pepperoni and sausage, unless they don't like sausage at all, and what isn't better with bacon on it? My toaster oven doesn't get hot enough to get the crust as crispy as it gets in the oven, but I can crank the heat up higher if I set it to Convection instead of Bake. I have a Supreme pizza in the freezer and may experiment on it in Convection mode. I've been afraid to try it until now.

If the pictures of Detroit-style pizza at Wikipedia don't look good to you, you should turn in your pizza lover's card, and eat something else, like quiche instead. Whether it's mozzarella or brick cheese, with the sauce on top or under the toppings and cheese, it's still good. But I'm a cheese junkie and I love caramelized cheese, so I may be biased. You can buy deep steel pans online and make your own Detroit-style deep dish pizza. You can get authentic Detroit pizza pans like these, or cheap ones, or just use a regular baking pan but it won't turn out quite as well. There are LOTS of recipes online.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit-style_pizza

https://detroitstylepizza.com/products/10-x-14-steel-dsp-pan

Casein comprises the majority of protein in dairy milk, and the concentration of casein in cheese is even higher, as it takes around 10 pounds of milk to make 1 pound of cheese. When you digest casein, your body breaks it down into smaller compounds called casomorphins. Casomorphins can cross the blood-brain barrier and attach to dopamine receptors in your brain. This causes your brain to release dopamine, a neurotransmitter related to feelings of pleasure and reward. Essentially, the more casomorphins your brain is exposed to, the more pleasure you experience. This may lead you to crave foods like cheese. I expect we'll soon see, "THIS IS YOUR BRAIN. THIS IS YOUR BRAIN ON CHEESE. ANY QUESTIONS?" commercials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lq3zUj1ssg
« Last post by MikeBjerum on Yesterday at 09:20:57 PM »
Oh Great Retired one, when are you going to start marketing your products for us who aren't into manufacturing?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk