Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 188533 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #1300 on: January 20, 2024, 01:02:49 PM »
Wife's cooking chicken dumplin's and chicken dressing for the m-i-l's 90th b-day gathering later and I'll be having some o' that......and, I just had a fresh homemade peanut butter cookie. ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 584
« Reply #1301 on: January 20, 2024, 04:24:12 PM »
<snip>......and, I just had a fresh homemade peanut butter cookie. ;D

Say what?  I just gotta know...how do you do that?  I plan on planting peanuts this year.....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1112
« Reply #1302 on: January 22, 2024, 05:51:30 AM »
2 Italian beef subs with extra beef, mozzarella cheese, and lots of mild giardiniera. If I run out of meat before I run out of bread, I may have a couple of soakers to finish the buns and gravy.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1303 on: January 22, 2024, 11:08:57 AM »
Say what?  I just gotta know...how do you do that?  I plan on planting peanuts this year.....

To clarify: The cookies were fresh out the oven from the wife's recipe, but the peanut butter was not....it was from a jar.
But I have made homemade peanut butter years ago from our own peanuts.

Had gizzards for lunch yesterday and hot ham & cheese for lunch today with black forest ham and provolone and pepper jack cheeses.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 584
« Reply #1304 on: January 22, 2024, 04:46:52 PM »
Yeah....you can keep those gizzards.  Save that for the potted meat.... ;D
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #1305 on: Today at 01:13:46 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1305 on: January 23, 2024, 03:30:28 PM »
I'm eating chorizo chili with shredded cheese and scallion sour cream. Nice and spicy.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1306 on: January 23, 2024, 11:15:01 PM »
I finished my Italian beef and last 2 buns, and most of the giardiniera. I still have some mozzarella left to snack on. There was a whole lot of dunking going on this time and lots of juice left over. One 68 ounce (4.25 lbs.) tub makes 8 Chicago Italian beef subs, but the nutrition information says 12 2/3 cup servings = 140 calories. I put it on 8 mini sub buns instead of regular size, so they were meatier. They were 210 calories apiece for the meat, plus whatever was in the mozzarella and giardiniera. I scooped 1/2 cup of solid grease off the top before I made the first 2 subs. 2 of them had about 130% of a days recommended sodium in the beef and gravy, but it doesn't taste salty. If you drink the broth it's a bit salty, but the sandwiches aren't even when you dunk them.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1308 on: January 25, 2024, 09:00:29 PM »
You had me worried. That's what most companies call puffcorn, as opposed to popcorn. I've had caramel puffcorn shaped like popcorn before, but don't recall having any shaped like Cheetos. I don't remember the last thing I ate but one of the things I ate today was Whiskey Beef Jerky. It was really sweet but not sugary sweet, and I ate several pieces before I felt the heat on the front of my tongue. It wasn't salty at all, and could have used a bit of salt, but was still really good.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1309 on: January 26, 2024, 10:36:33 AM »
Snausage, egg and cheese biscuit.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk