Author Topic: Huckabee's disclosed honoraria  (Read 3102 times)

jpr9954

• Active Forum Member
    • No Lawyers - Only Guns and Money
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Huckabee's disclosed honoraria
« on: December 28, 2007, 10:22:21 AM »
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1207/7589.html

See paragraphs 1 and 3 which reports that Mike Huckabee - supposed defender of gun rights - is taking money from an organization funding grants to promote more gun control. Hmmm. Am I the only one to see a little disconnect here?

???

John

So-called gun-free zones are nothing but hunting preserves for psychopaths that hunt humans. -- Massad Ayoob

http://onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com

Co-host of The Polite Society Podcast

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 865
Re: Huckabee's disclosed honoraria
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 11:16:11 AM »
So many questions  :-\

What was the content of his speeches to these groups? 

What is his past record on these issues (not talk, but actuall votes etc.)? 

What is the history of this publication ( I read their info page, but do not have time now to look at those involved)?  Is this publication neutral, slanted right, slanted left, mixture of both, or just a bunch of trouble makers (kinda like the gossip mongers in every town that just look for the possible bad to cause trouble)?

Oh the fun of election time!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

clayflingythingy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 12:11:47 PM »
We will know in a week if Ia caucus goers choose Huckster or Romney. Remember, a large chunk of Ia caucus goers voted for Pat Robertson (2nd in '88?) so the Huckster may be immune to these last minute revelations in Ia. Or supporters may dismiss them as a smear campaign.

Third is the position to watch in Ia. If Fred comes in 3rd he'll probably hang in until the S.C. primary (altho I think Fred has to come in 1st or 2nd to become a viable candidate). If McCain or Guiliani come in third they will probably get more media exposure than the winner!

It also remains to be seen if the situation in Pakistan will influence the vote. Will Ia voters be inclined to vote McCain or Guiliani if Pakistan erupts into civil war in the next week?

camacho

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 07:24:13 AM »
If this is the best they can come up with, Huck is in good shape. Huck is big on health and health issues, and those organizations are closely linked to health issues. They paid him for speeches he gave on health issues not gun control. This makes him a less supporter for gun rights ???

In regard to gun issues only him and Paul are the only ones with consistent support for 2 Amendment. In regards to firearm ownership he is the only one who owns them and uses them, which makes him a person with vested interest in protecting firearm ownership.

I can see people attacking Huck on taxes and past immigration stances but gun-rights, please.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk