Author Topic: Fred's Message to Iowa Voters  (Read 10911 times)

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
Fred's Message to Iowa Voters
« on: December 30, 2007, 09:07:11 PM »
Added:  December 30, 2007

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Fred's Message to Iowa Voters
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 09:16:14 PM »
Dammit... I hope he has chance.. I really really do... Guess we will see..
 I want to know why Iowa and New Hampshire is any more important than any other state's votes.
 Pisses me straight off! >:(
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

clayflingythingy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 06:21:35 AM »
I live in a May primary state so will have no say in choosing the nominee. Altho I would vote for Fred if I lived in an early voting state it would be more a matter of default than enthusiasm. It's no secret I became disillsioned with Fred some time ago. His inept campaign allowed the Huckster to surge and take votes that should have been his. And I have doubts about how effective a prez he would be.

Since Fred is not in the running in NH or MI he has to come in 2nd or 1st in Ia to have a chance and even then its a long shot.

The press is reporting his campaign is broke. There has beern no Fred surge in the Ia polls. Polls indicate he is locked in a battle with McCain for 3rd. Unless there is a Fred surge in the next four days I'm afraid this vid will be Fred'd last hurrah.

ETA:  See the "Fred preparing an exit or just joking thread". Both Thompson's and Galen's answers about continuing could be intrepreted as a signal to supporters that Fred will be withdrawing after the Ia caucus.

DonWorsham

• MWAG
  • Top Forum Member
  • I feel more like I do now than I ever did
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 08:02:10 AM »

May God bless Fred Thompson.
Don Worsham
Varied Movements Performed Intensely

cookie62

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 08:21:26 AM »
I live in a May primary state so will have no say in choosing the nominee. Altho I would vote for Fred if I lived in an early voting state it would be more a matter of default than enthusiasm. It's no secret I became disillsioned with Fred some time ago. His inept campaign allowed the Huckster to surge and take votes that should have been his. And I have doubts about how effective a prez he would be.

Since Fred is not in the running in NH or MI he has to come in 2nd or 1st in Ia to have a chance and even then its a long shot.

The press is reporting his campaign is broke. There has beern no Fred surge in the Ia polls. Polls indicate he is locked in a battle with McCain for 3rd. Unless there is a Fred surge in the next four days I'm afraid this vid will be Fred'd last hurrah.

ETA:  See the "Fred preparing an exit or just joking thread". Both Thompson's and Galen's answers about continuing could be intrepreted as a signal to supporters that Fred will be withdrawing after the Ia caucus.

This is why all primaries should be held the same day, 3 months before the general election. And both should be on total number of votes, a true democracy! It won't ever happen, but would make us a stronger nation.
A bird in the hand is worth..Well, about a box of shells!
Yes, I'm bitter and cling to guns and religion..

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:02:38 PM »

Bill Stryker

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 04:57:44 PM »
So, Cookie62, you don't believe in supporting the Constitution.
That's a bad position to be taking given the issue of the 2A meaning being up to Supreme Court right now.

cookie62

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 06:55:38 PM »
I do support the constitution! I am just stating the fact that to be a true democracy, the vote should be one person one vote. I have taken an oath on several occasions to uphold and defend it. But that doesn't mean it cannot be improved upon.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 07:14:55 PM »
I do support the constitution! I am just stating the fact that to be a true democracy, the vote should be one person one vote. I have taken an oath on several occasions to uphold and defend it. But that doesn't mean it cannot be improved upon.

The US is not a democracy. Never was, never intended to be one.  We are a Representative Republic.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

cookie62

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 09:48:48 PM »
The US is not a democracy. Never was, never intended to be one.  We are a Representative Republic.

I know, I'm just saying With the current system money and corruption has caused the system to break down. I'm not saying I have all the answers, or any for that matter. Hell, I live in the most corrupt state there is (Illinois). We need more "regular" people in office. Not just the rich that can afford to win or buy an election. And no i don't think all politicians are corrupt, I have personally known those that were in it for the people, and those in it for themselves. It would also help if the people would use the power given to them and vote.  I personly think the election proccess has been skewed by low voter turn out, polls reporting this or that canidate has won, after only 10 percent of the votes are counted. Alot of people just don't feel that their vote counts any more.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 09:57:14 PM »
This just in, Huckabee, Romney, Thompson and McCain, in that order. McCain just slightly behind Thompson by a point or so.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk