Author Topic: Fred's Message to Iowa Voters  (Read 10910 times)

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Fred's Message to Iowa Voters
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2008, 11:29:07 PM »
The low voter turnout has always been our strength, that way, nobody can ever predict the will of the American people, what is called the Silent Majority, if you can get us wound up, nobody can predict what can happen. I do believe in the past, like 1994, We can and do make a difference, it just takes something to get people out of their chair and into a voting booth. Of course they should have sent in their voters registration  first...
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Bill Stryker

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2008, 04:22:58 PM »
Cookie62.
You are entitled to your opinion, of course. But I would urge you to read up on why we have a representative form of Republic. And to try to understand why the Constitution has an electoral college. It is important. Otherwise the left coast and the left Atlantic coast, the big states, would tell everyone else how to live. I don't think you want that. BTW Bill Clinton never got the majority of the popular vote -- just the plurality.
One of the arguments for the Constitution was that it would protect the minority from the tyranny of the majority. I think that is a good thing.

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2008, 01:57:36 AM »
I may be totally showing my natural blond hair here... but...
in my opinion.. ( and I repeat.."my opinion"... I think the fair way and a TRUE democracy would be to
put all the names of those running for President on a ballot.. and everyone gets one vote and that one vote counts.
 the one with the most votes wins. Doesn't matter if you are from BFE or new Hampshire. Your vote will be counted just like everyone else's..
Now... Is that just too simple or what! ???

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2008, 08:45:41 AM »
I may be totally showing my natural blond hair here... but...
in my opinion.. ( and I repeat.."my opinion"... I think the fair way and a TRUE democracy would be to
put all the names of those running for President on a ballot.. and everyone gets one vote and that one vote counts.
 the one with the most votes wins. Doesn't matter if you are from BFE or new Hampshire. Your vote will be counted just like everyone else's..
Now... Is that just too simple or what! ???

I agree with Marshall'ette- we all vote the same day- except for the fact that MOST voters who show up want to wait until you boil it down for them to a choice of chocolate or vanilla (maybe throw in a distant strawberry). Especially true for folks who don't have a core issue like the Second.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

tombogan03884

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2008, 10:35:43 AM »
These are all interesting except for one thing, America is not and ,since the adoption of the Constitution, was never intened to be a Democracy. It's a "Constitutional Republic". Like Jefferson said, Democracies never survive because as soon as the "mob" realizes they can vote themselves " Bread and circuses" they do. Thats why the demoncrats pander to the " minorities" and push thier social give aways, and suck up to illegal immigrants, They are buying the mobs vote with handouts and BS

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 04:41:35 PM »

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2008, 10:39:19 AM »
These are all interesting except for one thing, America is not and ,since the adoption of the Constitution, was never intened to be a Democracy. It's a "Constitutional Republic". Like Jefferson said, Democracies never survive because as soon as the "mob" realizes they can vote themselves " Bread and circuses" they do. Thats why the demoncrats pander to the " minorities" and push thier social give aways, and suck up to illegal immigrants, They are buying the mobs vote with handouts and BS

I made the same point in an earlier post.  Seems that that point is either not understood or being ignored.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Bill Stryker

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2008, 04:29:06 PM »
Marshal'ette and Jaybethel,

Love you both.  :) And you are for sure entitled to your opinions. BUT:

You really need to think about what you are proposing. That means a whole new Constitution changing from a representative democracy to a pure democracy. I don't think we want to open that Pandora's box. It means the 2A could be on the line and erased!!!! You DO NOT want that!!! It could mean that the individual has no rights! Only the will of the majority! Think about that. We have done just fine up to now with the current Constitution.

Do not forget the law of unintended consequences when you propose such a fundamental change to the Constitution.

tombogan03884

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2008, 06:54:50 PM »
There is another problem with "mob rule" as well.
  The reason they scrapped the Articles of confederation in favor of the Constitution was that Judges were letting creditors slide . writing off tax debts or allowing people to pay taxes and debts in trade or goods. Sounds like a good idea when cash is hard to come by. States would also print thier own money so Joe Farmer could get some cash.
 Inflation, Also no one in the banking world would take the 50/50 chance of not be paid back. If we had not had European investment in the early days the Industrial Revolution could not have occurred here. Thats why places like Paraguay , Haiti, and the African countries are so messed up they have not been able to atract investment.

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2008, 06:05:04 PM »

Do not forget the law of unintended consequences when you propose such a fundamental change to the Constitution.
I'm not sure what "fundamental change to the Constitution" you are talking about because I'm not aware of our having proposed such. The gun grabbers are looking to change (or reinvent) the Constitution, but we're talking about a NJ or a VT vote having just as much meaning as an Iowa or NH vote. How is it a good thing that two states and the media get to cull out half the field of candidates before the rest of us get to voice our opinions? Then the other 96% of the country gets to vote after a couple of states and Wolf Blitzer have defined our choices? That's how they have killed the candidacies of many a good prospect. THAT, my friend, is the machine running at full rpm.

Last time I checked, Iowans nor New Hampshire folk, NOR (especially) the media won any prizes for being incredibly smarter and politcally astute than the rest of us. (Nothin' personal folks)

Different groups in our society had to fight long and hard for the right to vote and it's the check and balance of different groups that makes things work (some of the time). So if you don't want "Mob rule" then who's vote gets thrown aside? Women's vote? New Jersey's? Hawaii's (they're so far away anyway)? Or how about YOUR vote? What if it's the Second Amendment crowd's vote that gets tossed out so that "Mob rule" doesn't occur? And even more important- who gets to decide who's vote doesn't count?

Let us all vote at the same time and count them. Then maybe we'll do a little better than Nixon or Kerry or Bush or Clinton(s).
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Bill Stryker

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2008, 09:12:14 PM »
Jaybethel,
If your complaint is about how the primaries are run. That is a different issue. That can be sorted out without a new constitution. But if your proposal is to change the Constitution to institute a pure democracy. We part company. I stand with the original framers on that.
I too have sworn to defend and uphold the Constitution as a Regular Army Officer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk