Author Topic: Most support Arizona immigration law  (Read 5832 times)

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Most support Arizona immigration law
« on: May 03, 2010, 09:41:13 AM »
NEW YORK, April 29 (UPI) -- Seven in 10 U.S. adults support arresting people who can't prove they're in the United States legally, a poll about Arizona's new immigration law indicated.

The Angus Reid Public Opinion poll of 1,002 American adults asked respondents if they'd want four guidelines in Arizona's immigration law enacted in their own state.

The law, the nation's toughest, seeks to identify, prosecute and deport illegal immigrants and gives police broad powers to stop people on suspicion of being in the United States illegally.

Seventy-one percent of poll respondents said they'd support requiring their own police to determine people's U.S. status if there was "reasonable suspicion" the people were illegal immigrants, the poll found.

An equal percentage supported arresting those people if they couldn't prove they were legally in the United States.

Almost two-thirds, or 64 percent, said they believed immigration hurt the United States, with nearly six in 10, or 58 percent, saying illegal immigrants took jobs away from American workers, the poll found.

When asked about solving the status of illegal immigrants, 45 percent said undocumented workers should be required to leave their jobs and be deported, the poll found.

Sixteen percent said those people should be allowed to continue working on a temporary basis and 28 percent supported letting them to stay and apply for U.S. citizenship.

Respondents in the U.S. Midwest were more likely than those in other areas to express a desire to deport illegal immigrants, the poll found

The online poll, taken April 22-23, has a margin of error of 3.1 percent.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=upiUPI-20100429-074054-5592&show_article=1
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

JdePietro

• M14 Patterned Protagonist
  • Top Forum Member
  • "Neither Spare nor Dispose"
    • Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
  • Liked:
Re: Poll: Most support Arizona immigration law
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 03:42:10 PM »
Haz I know you had only good intentions when posting but this crap really burns me.

NEW YORK, April 29 (UPI) -- Seven in 10 U.S. adults support arresting people who can't prove they're in the United States legally, a poll about Arizona's new immigration law indicated. quote]

No no NO! >:( That is not at all what the legislation stipulates. They are not going to hunt down an harrass any hispanic looking person they see. They are going to ask criminals for proof of citizenship. CRIMINALS, not everyday law abiding people. You want to remain an illegal alien in the state of AZ don't break the law and you won't get deported, its as simple as that. Polls like this fuels the nonsense that this is horrific racist legislation and it is not. There is very precise wording within the bill that will prohibit any such thing.

In other relevant news Mexicans are not the only illegal aliens in the state of AZ. The law does not target hispanics! If you are Dutch, Italian, Korean, Spanish, Austrian, Czech, Serb or other and commit crimes in the state of AZ you will be asked to prove that you are citizen. Failure to do so will result in deportation.

I just cannot stand the twisting that is going on regarding this law. Oh snap we are going to deport criminals  :o what a fresh idea, I mean nobody has ever done this sort of thing before!

OK rant mode off, I'm done...
How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.
-Henry David Thoreau

rojawe

• Top Forum Member
  • To the Republic for which it stands One Nation
  • Liked:
Re: Poll: Most support Arizona immigration law
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 07:41:30 PM »
When do they plan on closing the borders, immigration laws have been on the books for years. If you beleve Obama and crew will enfoce anything they say then I have a big long bridge to sell you. How many more millions of low level labors do we have to support and for what greedy business to skip paying taxes and leave us holding the bill. Jail employers that hire illegals and I hope every state adopts AZ new law, Screw Chamber of "Commerce and Farm Bureau  in my state that support illegals.
EMPLOYERS STOP THE FLOOD E-VERIFY WORKS

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Most support Arizona immigration law
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 10:58:46 PM »
Haz I know you had only good intentions when posting but this crap really burns me.

NEW YORK, April 29 (UPI) -- Seven in 10 U.S. adults support arresting people who can't prove they're in the United States legally, a poll about Arizona's new immigration law indicated. quote]

No no NO! >:( That is not at all what the legislation stipulates. They are not going to hunt down an harrass any hispanic looking person they see. They are going to ask criminals for proof of citizenship. CRIMINALS, not everyday law abiding people. You want to remain an illegal alien in the state of AZ don't break the law and you won't get deported, its as simple as that. Polls like this fuels the nonsense that this is horrific racist legislation and it is not. There is very precise wording within the bill that will prohibit any such thing.

In other relevant news Mexicans are not the only illegal aliens in the state of AZ. The law does not target hispanics! If you are Dutch, Italian, Korean, Spanish, Austrian, Czech, Serb or other and commit crimes in the state of AZ you will be asked to prove that you are citizen. Failure to do so will result in deportation.

I just cannot stand the twisting that is going on regarding this law. Oh snap we are going to deport criminals  :o what a fresh idea, I mean nobody has ever done this sort of thing before!

OK rant mode off, I'm done...

Joe,

Where do you see anything about Hispanics in the article? It says "if there was "reasonable suspicion" the people were illegal immigrants, the poll found."
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 01:27:10 AM »
"In other relevant news Mexicans are not the only illegal aliens in the state of AZ."

Of course not, but it serves as acceptable verbal shorthand, since we are no longer allowed to use the more accurate "Wet back".

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:10:00 AM »

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 01:49:03 AM »
"In other relevant news Mexicans are not the only illegal aliens in the state of AZ."

Of course not, but it serves as acceptable verbal shorthand, since we are no longer allowed to use the more accurate "Wet back".
As in "Operation Wet Back" circa 1954ish?
FQ13 who is going straight to hell. ;D

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 01:52:53 AM »
As in "Operation Wet Back" circa 1954ish?
FQ13 who is going straight to hell. ;D

Exactly, any one who crosses the river is  (in theory ) a "Wet back" regardless of their point of origin.
 years ago I met 2 girls from NZ who had overstayed their Visa's.

JdePietro

• M14 Patterned Protagonist
  • Top Forum Member
  • "Neither Spare nor Dispose"
    • Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 02:53:33 PM »
My problem is the article is misleading.

"Seven in 10 U.S. adults support arresting people who can't prove they're in the United States legally,"

That is not how the law is written. The police will not arrest anyone for not being able to prove citizenship, they will deport them after an arrest has been made. The way the article is written re-enforces the belief that the police will hunt down people and demand papers. If that was the case I would whole heartedly be against even the thought of this kind of legislation.

"Seventy-one percent of poll respondents said they'd support requiring their own police to determine people's U.S. status if there was "reasonable suspicion" the people were illegal immigrants."

Thanks I needed another reason to be depressed. Thats scary, down right repluslive BS. I don't want my government stopping anyone and asking for proof of citizenship for any reason ever!

The poll was misleading, the article provides the kind of fuel to ignite the racism fire that is taking over because of this legislation when at its core it was only meant to deal with criminals and nothing more. We need to be more aware of what we vote on and for because we just handed the left side a smoking gun.

Good people ought to be armed with the truth and freedom.

How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.
-Henry David Thoreau

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 01:47:18 AM »
BBBean, The illegal aliens are minor compared to the REAL issue at stake here .
We have elected a Govt that REFUSES to secure our borders.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 02:10:10 AM »
BBBean, The illegal aliens are minor compared to the REAL issue at stake here .
We have elected a Govt that REFUSES to secure our borders.
Thats been the case since the Immigration Act of 1965 which set aside preferences for European (eg culturally homgenousnations) and just opened it up to national quotas and made "family reunification" a priority. This isn't me being racist either, hell neither the Italians, the Poles or the Irish, or the Laplanders or other Finns ( ??? ??? ???) were regarded as white back in the day. Its just that post this (Ted Kennedy sponsored Act) we haven't been able to exersise discretion as to which country's immigrants would best serve OUR national interest, rather, we just play firt come first sered by national quota. Am I crazy, racist or evil fronm thinking I'd rather have immigrants from Ireland, the UK, Oz, NZ, or Canada then anywhere else based on language and culture? Is it wrong to then prefer those of Western Europe, Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong and Vietnam along with Argentina and Chile for the same reasons?
FQ13 who is no one's racist, but would like to remind folks that it was the disgusting amount of racism in the US in the early sixties, the Soviet's gleeful and useful exploitation of this to score PR points, and our own lemming like desire to be PC, even after the racism has been addressed, that leads to an open border.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk