Author Topic: Winchester Model 94's Now Stamped Made In Japan  (Read 10953 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Winchester Model 94's Now Stamped Made In Japan
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2010, 05:33:40 PM »
At least there made in Japan not China

I'll go with that, Japan, as with some Weatherby's and Brownings, that were/are made there, they are built well, and are true to the 94 shape and design.

BUT,....

It's just not right.... :'(
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

GUNS-R-US

• Top Forum Member
  • We must protect & defend our freedoms!
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2010, 05:49:44 PM »
Makes me regret selling my pre'64 '94 for the first time. It was a great gun and I liked, I just never shot it. I always thought that if I changed my mind I could get another, even if it did have the annoying safety. Oh, well, at least it went to a good home. :'(
FQ13

Best way to avoid the regret is to NOT sell you firearms!!! ::)
Mike Kramer
NRA "Benefactor" Life Member 
2AF Life Member

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2010, 06:00:17 PM »
Best way to avoid the regret is to NOT sell you firearms!!! ::)
I've sold and traded a bunch of guns. I've never been rich, but I like playing with new toys. I've bought some that just didn't suit me, or I outgrew. I figured for the $100 hit I took on a trade, I could try something different. Its all part of the fun. Still, there are two I really regret. A Bond Derringer and a Blackhawk, both in .357. The others, including the model '94 that I really didn't need and rarely shot, I just chalk up to experience. Most of my trades, even though they all cost me a bit, and I wish I still had a few, I wouldn't take back as I got the chance to try out and play with a bunch of cool guns I wouldn't have otherwise.
FQ13

GUNS-R-US

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2010, 01:52:23 PM »
I'm a collector of firearms because I rarely get rid of one. I have sold a few and I regret most of them. So I say from experience don't sellem and you won't regretum. I'm not rich either (I am in the military) I buy a new one every now and then. It may take me a little longer to get the new stuff though. I actual have a list that tells me what's next to purchase. It is always changing as my priorities change and new product come out. ;D But I've got my finances to a place where I hopefully won't ever have to sell another gun!! 8)
Mike Kramer
2AF Life Member

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2010, 03:11:41 PM »
Miroku of Japan, has been making fine firearms for a long time, as stated before, the Howa 1500, which was also the S&W 1500 and the Weatherby Vanguard, I owned a Weatherby MK22 made there, a Browning BL22 and Bar .22 takedown, all quality and is it not the Irony of the century such a good manufacturer, cannot sell to its own people??? Miroku also manufactured the highly sought after Daley shotguns and some Browning over unders.

Now to the thread drift, trading, selling guns that was a good or bad decision.

God bless my wife, who in EARLY marriage, saw me taking a gun to trade at the gun show, she asked me, why I was trading it, " don't you like it ? " I said yes, but maybe I will see something I like more, and can use this for trade, she said, well then, why don't you just buy the other gun then? As most of you have seen at least 75% of my collection, the rest is history. I have definitely sold some pigs in my life, I don't intend to own anymore, but sometimes the tabloids get to you, I now own a NAA Guardian in .32acp, it is a pig, but was a gift, I should just send it back and get it repaired, won't fire a round on a bet, but it is cute, the Beretta Tomcat, though is a hoss, at 100 bills. I am a walking, talkiing, blue book of gun values, I rarely buy something I need, because I already own those, I just look for deals, and buy them. My backup retirement.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:12:17 AM »

GUNS-R-US

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2010, 10:48:36 PM »
Miroku of Japan, has been making fine firearms for a long time, as stated before, the Howa 1500, which was also the S&W 1500 and the Weatherby Vanguard, I owned a Weatherby MK22 made there, a Browning BL22 and Bar .22 takedown, all quality and is it not the Irony of the century such a good manufacturer, cannot sell to its own people??? Miroku also manufactured the highly sought after Daley shotguns and some Browning over unders.

Now to the thread drift, trading, selling guns that was a good or bad decision.

God bless my wife, who in EARLY marriage, saw me taking a gun to trade at the gun show, she asked me, why I was trading it, " don't you like it ? " I said yes, but maybe I will see something I like more, and can use this for trade, she said, well then, why don't you just buy the other gun then? As most of you have seen at least 75% of my collection, the rest is history. I have definitely sold some pigs in my life, I don't intend to own anymore, but sometimes the tabloids get to you, I now own a NAA Guardian in .32acp, it is a pig, but was a gift, I should just send it back and get it repaired, won't fire a round on a bet, but it is cute, the Beretta Tomcat, though is a hoss, at 100 bills. I am a walking, talkiing, blue book of gun values, I rarely buy something I need, because I already own those, I just look for deals, and buy them. My backup retirement.

M25, kiss your wife for me and tell her I said she's and AWESOME woman!!! :-*

I just don't tell my wife about all of the guns I buy till sometime after I've bought them. ::) I'd rather ask for forgiveness that beg for permission!! ;D
Mike Kramer
2AF Life Member

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2010, 12:05:59 AM »
God bless my wife, who in EARLY marriage, saw me taking a gun to trade at the gun show, she asked me, why I was trading it, " don't you like it ? " I said yes, but maybe I will see something I like more, and can use this for trade, she said, well then, why don't you just buy the other gun then.......

Hope I can find a woman like that.
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk