Author Topic: New Springfield XD9 Vs. Ruger SR9  (Read 34794 times)

Outlaw

• U.S.A.F. Retired/CCW
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Springfield XD9 Vs. Ruger SR9
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 06:13:21 PM »
They don't brief very well either! It's their house, just ask one of them ???
Strategic Air Command Motto: Peace is Our Profession, Believe it or We'll Bomb the Hell Outta Ya!

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2008, 08:01:58 PM »
They don't brief very well either! It's their house, just ask one of them ???
LOL!  I know what ya mean.  Little SOBs take over our home and heart.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Gunnutz13

• Forum Member
  • DoD: Peace thru Superior Firepower
  • Liked:
Re: Dog sub-thread
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 08:33:10 AM »
Yea...dogs are a great early warning system...my female yellow Lab is not a barker, until someone starts up the walkway to our house. Then she barks...and if we are not in sight...she will come upstairs, to the basement, or anywhere we are located, look at us, bark, and throw her head as if to say " yo, com'on " and then walk towards the source of her worry, looking over her shoulder to make sure we are following...

Very smart...otherwise, very docile. People visiting often ask if she ever moves...as she lays very still...taking in the conversations, until, another guest starts up the path...then they see her spring into action.

My wife likes to walk her when she comes home from work...on a leash of course. When a strange dog without any owner in sight started to approach my wife, the Lab went ballistic...even to the point where my wife said she bared her fangs, and the hair raised on the back of her neck, as she struggled to get to the threat with my wife trying to hold her back.
Gunnutz13
<----------------------------------------------------->

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."
                  -- Thomas Jefferson

Outlaw

• U.S.A.F. Retired/CCW
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 09:23:22 AM »
Goooooooood Boy ;D
Strategic Air Command Motto: Peace is Our Profession, Believe it or We'll Bomb the Hell Outta Ya!

Ichiban

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 09:59:18 AM »
Gotta tell ya - I love my SR9.  All the talk about a rough trigger and slide was true right out of the box but after putting a couple of hundred rounds down range it has smoothed out very nicely.  I really like the ergonomics of the gun - lots of bullets in a very narrow package.  I'm a fan of the 1911 platform and I've found this piece simulates it very well.  At ten and twenty five yards the groups are as tight as I can get with any of my other handguns.  It's still a little large for my tastes to be my primary concealed carry gun but it is the primary HD weapon.  Now if I could just find night sights for it...

Oh yeah - removing that stupid magazine safety (five minute job) seemed to improve its performance.  Placebo effect?

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:59:27 AM »

Outlaw

• U.S.A.F. Retired/CCW
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2008, 10:59:32 AM »
Refreshing news Ichiban!  Glad you like it. I must admit the size is what contributed mostly to me deciding not to buy it as a CCW gun. The XD9 was smaller

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2008, 11:12:25 AM »
If you gotta have a magazine disconnect (and for a lot of LEO contracts, you do). I like the Ruger system...pops right out! I don't think it actually changed the trigger on either of my SR9s, although I would like to believe it did...

I'm heading to GUNSITE next week to go through the 250/350 pistol class with the SR9s...I'll know a LOT more about them by the end of next week!

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

IvanXD_40

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2008, 06:19:15 PM »
Mr. Michael Bane

Any word on wether RUGER will make the SR9 available in .40 cal or better yet the "SR" series in .40 cal? That would be sweet

Outlaw

• U.S.A.F. Retired/CCW
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2008, 07:37:04 PM »
Can't wait for the feedback Michael. Still got room in the safe for one more ;D

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2008, 09:17:42 PM »
Impulse buy Friday....SR9.  I liked the feel...it fells like a 1911 single stack...but with a 17 round mag.  The beavertail seems to be pretty close to the barrel axis so I'm thinking the flip won't be too bad.  Then again, it is only a 9mm so there won't be much recoil.

The guy I bought it from at Lash's said it need 100+ rounds to smooth out.  Dry firing, the trigger has a lot of pull, but it seems to be very consistent on the break...I've been training on taking up the slack for a clean break....hope it's not raining tomorrow.

I think this is the best centerfire pistol Ruger has put out....it seems to be a higher class than the other centerfires they've produced.  The price is right for a knock-around carry.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk