Author Topic: Chris Matthews: Why Doesn't Obama Just Release The Birth Certificate?  (Read 5606 times)

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
On Monday night's edition of "Hardball," host Chris Matthews talked about putting the birth certificate controversy surrounding President Obama to rest.

"Why has the president himself not demanded they put out the original documents?" Matthews wonders.

"If it exists, why not put it out?" Chris Matthews asks.

Posted on December 27, 2010

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/12/27/chris_matthews_why_doesnt_obama_just_release_the_birth_certificate.html

video at link
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Ichiban

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Chris Matthews: Why Doesn't Obama Just Release The Birth Certificate?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 02:13:51 PM »
If they exist (and I believe they do) then he wouldn't be able to paint his detractors as lunatic fringe and it would no longer be an issue to distract the lamestream media's attention from the real issues (but I'm sure they'd find other things).

If he admits they don't exist, well then, our prayers will have been answered. ;D

Either way, it is all upside for the public and all downside for B'HO. 

Guess that aint gonna happen.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 02:34:01 PM »
Actually, its really not cut and dried. The Constitution specifies a "natural born citizen". Does that mean born in the US? If so, McCain wouldn't have qualified as he was born in Panama. It was at a US base and under our soveriegnty, but still  foriegn soil.  Obama? Let's assume Kenya or Indonesia. His mother was a US citizen. To DQ him the court would have to rule that if an American woman gives birth overseas her child is not a citizen. That is absurd on its face. Our law has always encompassed both jus sanguinis AND jus soli. You are a citizen if your mother is American or if you were born on US soil. It can be argued that the framers intended this. There are counter arguments as 18th and 19th century law said that a woman't citizenship followed that of her husband, but expat childen were still citizens. The necessities of early travel mandated this. And the idea that you surrender citizenship by marrying a foriegn national has been repudiated. So, its not a silver bullet to get rid of the guy.
FQ13

Timothy

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 02:52:56 PM »
That question was asked and answered in regard to McCain's birthright, Jay!  US Military bases are considered part of the United States as are our overseas cemeteries, Naval and Army ships at sea, et al.....

As to the rest, I'm not going to lose any more sleep over it because if someone were to produce a video tape of little Barry crowing out of mommy's va-j-j with the Capital Building of Kenya in the background, no one in the mainstream would believe it.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 02:58:12 PM »
That question was asked and answered in regard to McCain's birthright, Jay!  US Military bases are considered part of the United States as are our overseas cemeteries, Naval and Army ships at sea, et al.....

As to the rest, I'm not going to lose any more sleep over it because if someone were to produce a video tape of little Barry crowing out of mommy's va-j-j with the Capital Building of Kenya in the background, no one in the mainstream would believe it.

That's kind of my point Timothy. The idea is that "natural born citizen" is rather vague. The clearest definition you can come up with is someone who was born under,American soveriegnty or born to someone who was. The Constitution is vague on the issue. The idea that you can produce your photo and say "Ahha! Got you!" is rather naive. Its uncharted legal territory.
FQ13

Sponsor

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 02:59:56 PM »
Someone asked the question earlier, but it bears repeating.

How come they can keep this so secret but WikiLeaks can gain access to anything the State Department has?

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Timothy

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 03:09:24 PM »
That's kind of my point Timothy. The idea is that "natural born citizen" is rather vague. The clearest definition you can come up with is someone who was born under,American soveriegnty or born to someone who was. The Constitution is vague on the issue. The idea that you can produce your photo and say "Ahha! Got you!" is rather naive. Its uncharted legal territory.
FQ13

I wasn't really arguing with you, I'm just sick that it's actually come to this.  He'll be done in two years and about 24 days.  We can hope some asshat in his admin will write a tell all and we'll know the truth, or not!

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 03:14:34 PM »
I wasn't really arguing with you, I'm just sick that it's actually come to this.  He'll be done in two years and about 24 days.  We can hope some asshat in his admin will write a tell all and we'll know the truth, or not!
And here we agree. One term and gone. Assuming the GOP can field a good candidate, he can pound nails with Carter.
FQ13

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 03:29:54 PM »
And here we agree. One term and gone. Assuming the GOP can field a good candidate, he can pound nails with Carter.
FQ13

There is the problem!  I keep hearing the same old loser names, Romney, Gingrich, Palin, Huckabee.  All sure losers.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Timothy

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 03:33:33 PM »
FQ13
There is the problem!  I keep hearing the same old loser names, Romney, Gingrich, Palin, Huckabee.  All sure losers.

But I'd take a high functioning moron over a Democrat any day Haz!

Bobby Jindhal worth a look?  I don't know much about the guy, how 'bout Barbour or did he step on his tongue last week?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk