Author Topic: The 10mm  (Read 17400 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
Re: The 10mm
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2011, 08:03:25 PM »
I wish VLTOR would get their act together and get the new Bren Ten out to distributors and gun shops.

Might be a good side subject for a podcast, eh?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2011, 09:23:54 PM »
I'd rather see a gun made with 1911 eurgos that could actually handle all the power the 10MM has to offer.

you know something long slide, great sites,  you know something you could take hunting.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2011, 02:36:48 AM »
I forget who, but I think it's Lone Wolf is offering a 7 inch upper with small holo sight for hunting WITH A GLOCK 20.
Suarez had an article about it a couple months ago.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1072
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2011, 11:45:28 AM »
I'd rather see a gun made with 1911 eurgos that could actually handle all the power the 10MM has to offer.

you know something long slide, great sites,  you know something you could take hunting.

I know the company had some issues with some of their alloys and guns that would gall, but 10 or so years ago I was able to borrow an AMT Javelina (A 1911 long-slide, stainless in 10mm) and run a few boxes through it. It was a very sturdy and fine shooting gun. I offered to buy it but the guy didn't want to sell.

http://gun-specifications.findthebest.com/detail/145/AMT-Javelina
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2011, 12:05:02 PM »
You are right Tom about Lone Wolf making that product. I have heard good reviews in reference to it but the original post person does not like Glocks. Too bad.  ;D

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 05:41:19 AM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2011, 10:45:22 AM »
I was told that the 10mm was developed as the first incarnation of the .40. The FBI didn't like the muzzle flash and recoil so they then developed the .40. Good story anyway.

Col. Jeff Cooper is the father of the 10MM and the Bren 10 as a notch between the weight and size of the 45 and the speed of the diminutive 9MM.  The Bren 10 has roots in the CZ 75B which Cooper greatly admired.  As I recall, several years later the .40 S&W came along out of the FBI so that it's lower recoil could be handled by women and girley men. 

Shot my D&D Bren 10 last week, the ergo on it is better than the 1911 Kimber I own in 10MM.  Less felt recoil and quicker back on target with the Bren.  I sure wish I could get one of those new VLTOR models so I could put the D&D in a display case.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

silverback

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, favorite beverage in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WAA HOO - What a Ride!"

silverback

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2011, 09:50:10 AM »
i used to be a died in the wool 45 acp guy.  I ran across the 10mm round buy accident several years back and started to do as much research as one can do on the Internet.  the ballistics alone are over whelming and hey "uncle Ted endorses the 10mm...LOL".  any way i haven't looked back as i feel this weapon offers the best all round cartridge for SD to hunting. 15 rounds in the mag and one in the pipe with that much power is hard to pass up.  Yes the rounds are still pricey and to get the best out of the round you will want to think about reloading but some manufactures are starting to come on board (buffalo bore,swampfox and now the big boys are starting.. even if they are a little watered down).

Over the years i have added various conversions AA 22lr upper, 40 s&W cheaper practice still decent SD and recently 9 mm conversion barrel.  Yes LWD produces a 9 mm conversion barrel for it (even cheaper trigger time).  I only needed a reduced recoil spring nothing else.  It makes for the softest shooting 9's and  i can still use the glock 20 mags with 18 x 9 mm rounds in it.   so i have 4 different hand guns on one platform for any where for 250.00 (AA 22lr conversion) to 125 LWD barrels. There are a couple of other conversion barrels out there 357 sig and 9 x 25 dillion that can be had but i wanted to stay within cheap ammo realm.

I went with the glock as they have been producing the 10 mm platform almost from the start while other manufactures had various problems and some still do with the 10 mm. the glock frame helps to reduce the percieved felt recoil.  i am still trying to retrain with the glock trigger and grip  (not my favorite..at all) but i feel with practice i will find my sweet spot.

well thats my story and i am sticking to it.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, favorite beverage in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WAA HOO - What a Ride!"

Badgersmilk

« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2011, 10:56:51 AM »
"15 +1" of 10mm.  Does beg the question.  Why? 

As a military sidearm, SURE!  SWEET choice IMO!  But anything else?  Nothing comes to mind where there wouldn't be 10 better choices...

Not criticizing, just seriously curious.   :-\

silverback

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2011, 11:06:26 AM »
piece of mind.  if i were to use as a carry piece then the idea of only having to carry two mags with 30 rounds does have its advantages.  Now when i can save my pennies a 29 will be in the safe for ccw with ten round mag and 15 round back up mag.

If you look at all the written and video confrontations, no matter how well the trained, people tend to become less accurate. i want any advantage on my side.   I am not advocating more rounds in the place of training or practice but i would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

JMHO

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk