Author Topic: WallyWorld Maglite/Ebay clamp review  (Read 6358 times)

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: WallyWorld Maglite/Ebay clamp review
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2011, 10:27:11 PM »
I don't think that one will fit a 12 bore FQ, but the guy may have one that will.........."Farewell, Farewell"
I found the site. What they showed seemed to have the barrel clamp, but not the light clamp. Did it come with, or was it a seperate part? (Their prices are great, but their search feature sucks). Thanks
FQ13

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2011, 10:50:32 PM »
Great idea, but I have to ask:
Why is the light ABOVE the barrel?  Doesn't it get in the sight picture?
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

Badgersmilk

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2011, 12:26:55 AM »
OK, I tried.  Tried hard.  REAL hard!  NEVER CLAMP STUFF TO YOUR BARREL!  Phwew.  Had to get that out.

Quaker, got a Dick's sporting goods in your area?  Go check it out.  They've got exactly what you want.  A little flashlight with a laser in the middle of the light, that clamps to the magazine tube and has a remote switch you can mount next to the trigger.  Forget how much is was, but WELL under a bill.

For what it's worth.  I can move the POI of my 10/22 3/4" at 50 yards just by changing the tightness of the barrel band screw...

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2011, 06:15:53 AM »
OK, I tried.  Tried hard.  REAL hard!  NEVER CLAMP STUFF TO YOUR BARREL!  Phwew.  Had to get that out.
For what it's worth.  I can move the POI of my 10/22 3/4" at 50 yards just by changing the tightness of the barrel band screw...

That's the point I was trying to make. Too subtle? ? ?

Now all you need is one of those cheap red lasers to bolt to the other side of your BARREL and see just how much shot variation you can create what with all the warping of the barrel and all.   ;D
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Badgersmilk

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2011, 06:35:05 AM »
That's the point I was trying to make. Too subtle? ? ?

But they just kept on like it's ok...  I think they were baiting us.  ;)

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 03:15:53 AM »

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • It's just a pen name...
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2011, 07:58:01 AM »
Great idea, but I have to ask:
Why is the light ABOVE the barrel?  Doesn't it get in the sight picture?

At that precise location it counteracts the torque produced by the mighty .22lr subsonic 40gr. projectile just enough to.......Nah - it was just the most convenient place to be activated by my left thumb while having a firing grip on the rifle with my right, and no, I can't see it through the 'scope.

MP
Best Wishes, Mike.

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2011, 08:00:02 AM »
I found the site. What they showed seemed to have the barrel clamp, but not the light clamp. Did it come with, or was it a seperate part? (Their prices are great, but their search feature sucks). Thanks
FQ13

Oh yeah, I shoulda mentioned the flashlight holder is just a 1" 'scope ring with a Weaver style base.

MP
Best Wishes, Mike.

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2011, 08:02:55 AM »
But they just kept on like it's ok...  I think they were baiting us.  ;)

:) I did, surprisingly, have the presence of mind to re-sight it in after mounting the, now constant, addition to the barrels weight.
Best Wishes, Mike.

capbyrd

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2011, 10:12:10 AM »

Quaker, got a Dick's sporting goods in your area?  Go check it out.  They've got exactly what you want.  A little flashlight with a laser in the middle of the light, that clamps to the magazine tube and has a remote switch you can mount next to the trigger.  Forget how much is was, but WELL under a bill.

My 10/22 doesn't have a magazine tube.  I knew there was something missing.   ;D

1Buckshot

• Monty Lucht
  • Top Forum Member
  • COMMENCE FIRING
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2011, 09:05:44 AM »
Here you go FQ. This place might have what you are looking for.
http://cdmgear.com/default.html

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk