Author Topic: compact semi vs. compact revolver  (Read 11744 times)

Lucas

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
compact semi vs. compact revolver
« on: March 19, 2008, 12:54:13 AM »
Maybe I am biast when it comes to concealed carry and revolvers.  I cant see the advantage of a compact semi over a small revolver.  Maybe one or two more rounds, maybe a little thinner, a faster rate of fire?  Are these things comparable to the reliability of a revolver?  Im sure that there is something I am missing!!!
By the ring of our swords, and the flash of our cannons, they will know that We Are Free

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: compact semi vs. compact revolver
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 02:00:33 AM »
Check the DRTV video section... there is a video just on snubbys... lots of good info there.  
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Mig214

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 02:09:24 AM »
Im sure that there is something I am missing!!!

Girls luv  :-* Guys with Glocks!!  ;D and Glock doesn't make a revolver, yet!!   :'(

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 02:23:41 AM »
Girls luv  :-* Guys with Glocks!!  ;D and Glock doesn't make a revolver, yet!!   :'(

That becuase, even the uglyest guy is better looking then a glock.   ;D

I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 02:50:32 AM »
I'm not proud.  I carry one of each separately or together.
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:49:30 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 02:51:51 AM »
   Personal preferance, if you're more comfortable with a revolver, more power to you. (I mean good luck, not .44 mag  ;D  ) My hang up is I don't care for DA or striker fired triggers, I PREFER my 1911 or other pistol or revolver I can fire SA. I also am not comortable with "LITTLE" guns, semi auto, revolver, caliber don't matter, I would not be comfortable with a Kel-Tec or NAA revolver if they were 20mm

Mig214

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 03:12:49 AM »

That becuase, even the uglyest guy is better looking then a glock.   ;D

She may not be the prettiest girl at the dance but you know what she does have?? Thats right- Character

clayflingythingy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 08:57:40 AM »
Lucas,

With a Glock 26 you carry more than twice as much ammo as a Chief Special holds. Glock's are probably the most reliable autos made. Like you, I prefer revolvers and carry a Chief Special Airweight as my main CCW. My lifestyle is currently "very low risk". If I traveled thru or had to work in a "less than desirable" area I would carry a Glock 19 in a Wilderness safepacker and a couple of extra mags!

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 09:30:11 AM »
Lucas,

With a Glock 26 you carry more than twice as much ammo as a Chief Special holds. Glock's are probably the most reliable autos made. Like you, I prefer revolvers and carry a Chief Special Airweight as my main CCW. My lifestyle is currently "very low risk". If I traveled thru or had to work in a "less than desirable" area I would carry a Glock 19 in a Wilderness safepacker and a couple of extra mags!

Threat assessment.  Covered in CCW video number 1
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Jkwas

• Very Active Forum Member
    • Jkwas
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 10:25:00 AM »
The biggest thing you overlook is the weight.    A Keltec P3at weighs in at less than 7oz and lays flat in the pocket.  It weights in at about the same as my wallet, (which ain't too fat lately).   I live in a hot climate, and pocket carry is required about 90% of the year.  I have carried a steel snub there is a huge difference in bulk and weight.  Once you try a small pocket auto, you will not go back.    Although Taurus is making that Magnesium snub @13oz.... Hmmmm.   I'll have to look that one over for baggy pants.   ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk