Author Topic: Springfield Armory XD(m) 5.25  (Read 13904 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
Springfield Armory XD(m) 5.25
« on: July 17, 2011, 08:33:37 PM »
I saw the poster at the range this week.  And while I was shooting the GSSF match on Saturday, they nongentlatly said they had one in the rental inventory.   I didn't have time to fire it, but did play with it before someone else took it in for a test drive.

Cool.   Like the longer Glocks, specifically made as a competition gun for Production Class.  And I'm sure there'll be mods to use it in Limited soon.

Trouble is they're not shipping yet.  Sneaky people as SA have been real crafty by sending the first production runs to all major gun stores with ranges with the stipulation to use them for rental only.   I may have to get on the list with 10% down.

http://www.the-m-factor.com/html/compseries.html

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Springfield Armory XD(m) 5.25
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 08:44:56 PM »
Looking more like a Han Solo Blaster all the time,..... ;)

Not a huge fan of ported barrels for SD carry,....(although effective),....but for a whoop ass pistol Springfield's motto is:

"Bring Enough Gun",...

::)
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 09:03:52 PM »
nice thing about a ported barrel is if a BG tries to grab the slide and take it away from you ,  you can pull the trigger and it will turn his hand into ground meat with the muzzle blast... ;D
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

fullautovalmet76

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 09:05:27 PM »

Not a huge fan of ported barrels for SD carry,....(although effective),....but for a whoop ass pistol Springfield's motto is:

"Bring Enough Gun",...

TW,
The barrel is not ported, just the slide is cut out to lighten it.

fullautovalmet76

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 09:09:00 PM »
Here's a video of Rob Leatham shooting the new pistol:

Even though he had a hand in its design, please note some of the mods he made to the pistol already.... :)

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:26:21 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 11:32:30 PM »

"Bring Enough Gun",...

I know what you mean, some futuristic thing from a Galaxy far far away.
But I can't resist a little trivia  ;D
Han Solo's "Blaster" was actually a modified 1896 Mauser Broomhandle.

Badgersmilk

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 08:53:13 AM »
First thing that popped into mind was "Mall ninja!", then "Let me guess, called something close to "Stealth 2000 Xtreme Mountain Dew Terminator Eliminator XD"?"

Without looking, it'll be available in 9mil, .40, and airsoft...  The usual requisites.

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 11:14:47 AM »
First thing that popped into mind was "Mall ninja!", then "Let me guess, called something close to "Stealth 2000 Xtreme Mountain Dew Terminator Eliminator XD"?"

Without looking, it'll be available in 9mil, .40, and airsoft...  The usual requisites.

You are wrong, wrong , wrong !
You left out .45    ;D

Badgersmilk

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 12:12:13 PM »
THAT thing will hold together with .45?!?   :o

But hows a Ninja supposed to get by with only one rail?   ;D ;D ;D

CURSES TO YOU SPRINGFIELD!!!   ;D

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 01:32:31 PM »
Got to fondle one today.  I have small hands and regularly shoot a Para P14 so the grip was good for me.  Guy at the GS said the trigger hadn't had anything done to it so I didn't ask to snap it so I don't know about it.  Red FO needs to be changed to green for my old eyes.  For $650+ it's not for me.

FWIW

Richard

PS:  He is GOOD but the first run shot cold is what counts to me!  JMHO
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk