Author Topic: Springfield Armory XD(m) 5.25  (Read 13953 times)

Timothy

Re: Springfield Armory XD(m) 5.25
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2011, 08:43:19 PM »
I'm in my mid fifties.  I've seen the degradation of American manufacturing my entire life.  Without sounding like a prick, which isn't easy for me, I don't need the "big explanation". 

America as I knew it in the sixties is gone.  We have to fight for what's left or we're doomed and all I have left is a tinkers damn.

I respect everyone's opinion, even if it's misguided.

Chrysler is now an Italian owned company that only lost the taxpayer 1.2 billion dollars.  How much will GM cost us?  They will never see another dime of my money for as long as I take a breath.  There are things that I cannot buy domestically but those things that I can afford, I will!

Peace....do what ever you want!

tombogan03884

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2011, 09:40:52 PM »
As a matter of fact, I DO own a Rock Island 1911.
There are 2 reasons, I could afford it, and I would rather buy from a foreign company that manufactures in a foreign country than with an American company that does.
We don't need "the big explanation". Many of us have understood quite well while we were watching it happen.
We still think it is f*cking stupid.
It is idiocy to send our jobs overseas so we have to kiss somebodies ass for the manufacturing we used to do on technologies invented here.

RTFM

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life member 2015
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2011, 09:55:06 PM »
Looking more like a Han Solo Blaster all the time,..... ;)

Not a huge fan of ported barrels for SD carry,....(although effective),....but for a whoop ass pistol Springfield's motto is:

"Bring Enough Gun",...

::)

Han shot first.
(Just had to.....)

fullautovalmet76

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2011, 09:55:39 PM »
As a matter of fact, I DO own a Rock Island 1911.
There are 2 reasons, I could afford it, and I would rather buy from a foreign company that manufactures in a foreign country than with an American company that does.
We don't need "the big explanation". Many of us have understood quite well while we were watching it happen.
We still think it is f*cking stupid.
It is idiocy to send our jobs overseas so we have to kiss somebodies ass for the manufacturing we used to do on technologies invented here.

This just speaks volumes on so many levels.....Thanks for the post.....

fullautovalmet76

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2011, 11:25:49 PM »
......Got to shoot the XD 525 today.  Springfield (very smart marketing) sold the first production run to all the ranges with the stipulation they be used as rentals.   I ran 30 rounds through it.   I'd have run more but they didn't have a reloading tool for it and mine, for the XD(plain-noM) didn't fit.   Loading by thumb sucks......Very smooth.  Very good sights.  Was easy to punch out the 10 ring on a D2 target at 10 yards.  As soon as funds are available it will become my "production" gun.

Back to the original point of this thread:

That's all good news, Alf. There is a SA dealer down the street from me that has a range. I think I'll stop by this weekend to see if they have one for rent.....And one can bet a .40 cal is probably not too far off.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 02:09:27 PM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2011, 06:19:07 AM »
Again, very smart marketing by getting to the rental counters first.  Here's a link that will tell you if your range should have one.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/rangefinder/

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

atmiller

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2011, 02:36:45 PM »
What guns does Glock produce in the US?  I thought they all came from overseas. 

tombogan03884

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2011, 03:54:29 PM »
What guns does Glock produce in the US?  I thought they all came from overseas. 

All of them as far as I know, except for the .380 that you can't have.
Marietta Ga. IIRC.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2011, 04:17:33 PM »
All of them as far as I know, except for the .380 that you can't have.
Marietta Ga. IIRC.

Smyrna actually just south of Marietta.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

fullautovalmet76

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2011, 08:37:37 PM »
Got a chance to shoot one today at the range and it is a fine pistol; I especially liked the trigger! I found it to be very smooth on the uptake and and the reset was well placed. I was very comfortable shooting it and I had pretty decent groups shooting at 15 yards (max at this range). The way the gun was setup, I would have changed backstraps if they were available though.

My bottom line on this pistol is it is not enough to draw someone committed to other platforms (Glock, S&W, etc) from switching. But anyone who wants to get into competition and doesn't have a strong preference for other platforms should consider this pistol as a very good place to start.

-FA

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk