Author Topic: Theme song to "Gun Stories"  (Read 31867 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
Re: Theme song to "Gun Stories"
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2012, 12:30:11 PM »
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

pshort

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2012, 11:42:29 PM »
Howdy,
 I looked on the Hoo website, Googled it, etc., I can't seem to find it anywhere. I'd like to get a copy to listen to the whole tune..
Anybody have any info??

Thanks,

Paul

don luellen

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2013, 08:34:12 PM »
The musisc for Gun Stories is Carmina Burana

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2013, 01:28:07 PM »
When listening to the music on Gun Stories, it invoked feelings of some force ... a groundswell ...  moving forward .... relentless ... unstoppable.....

The lyrics tell of Fortune and Fate....  following the feelings I have listening to it.

Here are some links to versions of it...the first one is with English lyrics sub-titled and the last is the full performance..over an hour showing the ensemble used to create this music.  

Awesome and moving.  Thank you, Don, for the name.

Not your typical Rock or Country fare.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

FlashBack

• Forum Member
    • DragRacing / Car Cruises
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2013, 08:21:57 PM »
When listening to the music on Gun Stories, it invoked feelings of some force ... a groundswell ...  moving forward .... relentless ... unstoppable.....

The lyrics tell of Fortune and Fate....  following the feelings I have listening to it.

Here are some links to versions of it...the first one is with English lyrics sub-titled and the last is the full performance..over an hour showing the ensemble used to create this music.  

Awesome and moving.  Thank you, Don, for the name.

Not your typical Rock or Country fare.

Very cool, thank you for posting!!
Gene
Disarming Victims Doesn't Solve Crime.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 06:18:17 AM »

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2013, 10:06:19 AM »
Well, after more checking around, I'm not sure Carmina Burana is the music used for the theme.

While they are similar, I do not know if it is the same music.

It might be a variation or a different arrangement of the music, but I am not a musician so I cannot tell.

Following Marshall's original information, I found  this.

http://www.firstcom.com/#/en/BROWSE/browsed-results.aspx?SelectedCDId=6839

See line #16 in the second grouping  Discovery

The info for Resolution Reaction lists Kavin Hoo as the composer and no credit to Carminia Burana.

The info list this for the work: 
Moods
Confident, Determined, Building, Anticipation, Dangerous, Tense

And hits the nail on the head.

If you just can't get enough of the intro to Gun Stories, this is for  you:

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk